Forums Latest Members
  1. zxrmatt Dec 16, 2016

Just pondering weather to get rid of the original red strap and send clasp to stevesostraps for a custom one fitting to original clasp

Or

Would it be best to save original strap and clasp and just go with a normal fit rally trap?

Any advice before I destroy the old strap removing the clasp fittings?

Pics attached , as you can see original strap is in pretty bad nick

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. SpeedyAV Dec 16, 2016

Awesome Chronostop Driver by the way! ... or in your case based on your avatar...Rider

3. watchlovr Dec 16, 2016

Strap width at the case?
    I have a red nos one with clasp in my box but I'm not sure of the size.

4. SpeedyAV Dec 16, 2016

18mm...right?

5. zxrmatt Dec 16, 2016

Yes 18mm

6. watchlovr Dec 17, 2016

Sorry, mine is 22mm

7. zxrmatt Dec 17, 2016

Ah well thanks for checking.

So what do people think, would you sacrifice the original strap to have a custom replacement made that fits the clasp, or keep the original in the draw and fit a non genuine standard strap

8. lillatroll Dec 18, 2016

I bought a watch like this in 2015 that came with a NOS red strap, the exact same type as you have. (It is my avatar picture) I am sure with some patience you could find another. I can try to find the sellers email, he is a dealer from Italy. It's a long shot but perhaps he could point you in the right direction.

zxrmatt likes this.
  9. zxrmatt Dec 18, 2016

Thanks lillatroll, did it come with new deployment clasp or not?

I've spoken to steveo and he can make me a strap and put fixings on end to use the same clasp however just wonderedif keeping original strap stored somewhen is the best thing to do if I ever sell it

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 18, 2016

Straps are like tyres on a car.

I'll bet some of the beautifully restored classics you see on the road don't have the original rubber.

Your ratty strap will detract from the appeal of the watch so get it repaired or get a replacement.

My only exception would be in the case of a genuine NOS watch with the original strap, then keep them together.

Disclaimer: These are the opinions of a grumpy old man who has had two glasses of "The Irish Medicine", and intends to have a couple more!

zxrmatt likes this.
  11. zxrmatt Dec 18, 2016

Cheers Jim , have another drink for me!

12. lillatroll Dec 18, 2016

Yes the strap and clasp were new and shiny, it even had the gold omega lettering on the underside of the strap.

13. zxrmatt Dec 18, 2016

That's a decent find, can't be to many still about like that