Forums Latest Members

New Speedy Pro - Dead on accuracy!

1. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

Hello people!

This is my very first post so greetings to everyone.
    3 weeks ago i've purchased my first Omega Speedmaster Professional. Yes, with the hesalite! This was something i wanted for at least 15 years and it was my present for my 35th birthday.

I knew everything about the watch, watched countless videos, interviews, read articles etc.

What i was very surprised though was its accuracy. From April 12th when i received my watch from the AD (he set up the time - and once i left the store i've noticed that the watch was set at least 30 seconds ahead which didn't bother me at all knowing that accuracy wasn't an issue for me especially with this watch) the watch is exactly 1 minute ahead (it's been 2 weeks that that way without change). Dead on accurate. Once my iPhone goes let's say 1:23 the watch goes 1:24 at the exact time - for at least 2 weeks now.

For everyone wondering, i wound the watch every morning until full, wear it all day and when i go to sleep i put it crown down.

I mean, i didn't buy it for its accuracy but until now the watch is beyond COSC.

I would be happy to know your thoughts!

watchos, Mad Dog and stuart70 like this.
  2. Duckie May 3, 2019

You are very fortunate.
    It's a great watch.

Kostaroska likes this.
  3. astrand May 3, 2019

Sorry but you are required to post pictures of your Omega if you are going to tell us about it. ;)

1965Speedie and gdupree like this.
  4. Bp1000 May 3, 2019

Congrats! Nice story, to hear you have wanted it all that time.

The accuracy is a bonus but i'm not surprised, they have good movements.

Be prepared for it to change in accuracy. Time it a few times a year, that way you can spot if it starts to operate outside of the norm, that's when you know a service is needed.

Enjoy

RMA and Kostaroska like this.
  5. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

HAHA!

6. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

Yeah i was surprised also! For me it's not a big deal. It's a historical piece with many things including the movement dating back 40 and 50 years. Indeed a bonus!

7. Evitzee May 3, 2019

"Even a blind squirrel will occasionally find an acorn". The 1861 movement is not known as a stellar timekeeper, your's is a sample that is currently keeping stellar time. Enjoy it.

8. boraxman May 3, 2019

Good deal...now lets see the watch!

9. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

Yeah i know it's not but still it's fascinating seeing it keeping time this good. As long as it lasts! Either way, you don't buy a Moonwatch for its accuracy!

10. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

[​IMG]

RMA, watchos, Mad Dog and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kostaroska May 3, 2019

12. Stephanos May 3, 2019

Congrats! Everyone should own a speedy pro. I will never sell my 3570.50 :)

Mad Dog, Kostaroska and Taddyangle like this.
  13. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 3, 2019

Congrats on the Speedy.

I find mine to be accurate, usually 2-4 seconds fast. I no longer check, as I normally do not wear a watch for more than 12 hours at a time. I swap often, but I am now trying to wear the same watch for a few days straight, but that is not going very well for me. I found that my X-33 v2 is spot on with time.gov no matter how many months between checking.

So which Speedmaster are you looking to buy next?

Mad Dog likes this.
  14. Kostaroska May 4, 2019

True that!

15. Kostaroska May 4, 2019

Yeah, accuracy wasn’t a thing for me but was a nice bonus! Probably my next one will be a panda dial. Maybe the Tokyo one. That is when the money is there and a good opportunity comes! For now this is the watch of my life!

Taddyangle likes this.
  16. horseShu May 4, 2019

speedmaster pro after 2 yrs of ownership. don't know if i'm lucky or omega just tunes these watches nicely. it is one of their most popular models after all...
    speedy-timegrapher.jpg

Kostaroska likes this.
  17. trarmstrong May 28, 2019

Mine is quite accurate as well.

Kostaroska likes this.
  18. Gt390 May 28, 2019

Same fortunate results as OP for me as well. I have never needed to adjust the time in nearly 4 months of constant wear. Might be just lucky but the movement is obviously capable of outstanding timekeeping.

19. Kostaroska May 28, 2019

This is what i'm seeing constantly. From when i've made the post (May 3rd) it's 10 seconds fast which is like 0,4" a day! I know we may be lucky but the movement it's certainly capable of outstanding accuracy! Cheers!

20. chiswick May 29, 2019

Good to know some one,s happy with the time keeping and not worried it if gains a few micro seconds

Kostaroska likes this.