Forums Latest Members
  1. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy May 11, 2016

Hello Omega Forum-ers -

Wanted to say hello as a new member. After over a decade of wanting, I finally pulled the trigger on a very new Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 (steel bracelet) Moonwatch.

The purchase process took many months for me - visiting authorized dealers, Omega Boutique, and searching online. I found this community most helpful and decided to purchase my Speedy from Sergey at ChiTown Watch. Hats off to Sergey - the purchase experience was great and my delivery arrived in two days via FEDEX.

My speedy arrived in factory packaging - the watch packed in its hard plastic cocoon, with a seperate sealed compartment containing Omega Pictograms and Warranty Card. The plastic case carried a genuine dealer hangtag as well. The presentation box was packed in the same box, but separate from watch itself. Clearly as it would be delivered to an Authorized Dealer.

I am a former Naval Aviator, currently an IT guy employed by the biggest company in the world. I have an appreciation for "good gear" as it were, and my Speedy certainly fits the bill. And of course I am a devout fan of all things aviation and the space programs, (like many here).

I would humbly ask for tips on changing the bracelet to the alternate spring bars/strap combinations. The delicate surgery required to change the bracelet with the spring bar tool is maddening - I am certainly not doing in an optimal way. Help would be appreciated (perhaps there is a thread in these forums?) Also what other bands/straps shoudl I consider? How long does the "super luminova" last? etc.

Some pictures attached - thank you! IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1234.JPG

oMenRC51, watchme, Jwit and 24 others like this.
  2. sky21 May 11, 2016

Since I see @Mad Dog in the background there I'm certain he can show you how to get that black replica NASA strap on your watch in about 3 seconds. Other than that, the black leather rally straps look very good on the Speedmaster and so does pretty much every other strap as well. Enjoy your new purchase!

Mad Dog and ChuckMK23 like this.
  3. Bushido May 12, 2016

Congratulations on the new acquisition! I've gone through ChiTown as well and have nothing but good things to say about Sergey too.

In your picture, I see that your door is open with @Mad Dog posing in the background. Friend? Or, did he partake in some B & E and decided to photobomb your pic concurrently? My bet is on the latter ;)

4. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. May 12, 2016

Congrats. One of the great things about a Speedy is how good it looks on almost any kind of strap, and I prefer mine on a strap as opposed to the bracelet. Currently mine's on a D--Modell Rallye - very inexpensive and looks good. Hope you enjoy owning your Speedy for many years. DSC_0003_00003.jpg

5. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. May 12, 2016

I'm going with the latter. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but this is my guess;
    @Mad Dog is cruising the mean streets in his ford interceptor, working on his 4th cup of DD coffee, when he smells a fresh speedy in the air. Busts into the home of our new friend @ChuckMK23 to take part in the celebratory pictures.
    You know it's a spontaneous chain of events because @Mad Dog only has one watch on.

JimInOz, ahartfie, zrleopold and 5 others like this.
  6. andykwc1 May 12, 2016

Congratulations on your new speedy. Definitely a good choice of Omega.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

7. Perseus May 12, 2016

[​IMG]

8. RightYouAreKen May 12, 2016

Congratulations! It looks great! I hope to follow you into speedy-land later this year.

BTW, in the "victory" picture, I wonder if Chuck even knows Mad Dog is there? See the door ajar? Following Nitzbar's theory of events, perhaps Mad Dog slipped in for the pic, then slipped out unnoticed....until the film was developed *gasp!* ::stirthepot::

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. shutterlife May 12, 2016

Congrats. Can't go wrong with the speedmaster.

ChuckMK23 likes this.
  10. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 12, 2016

@ChuckMK23 is already dorking with his Speedy...he's attempting to remove a link from the bracelet...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ahartfie, Jones in LA and oddboy like this.
  11. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 12, 2016

Slightly different "victory" picture from yesterday...

image.jpeg

12. duc May 12, 2016

Christ, for a second I thought it was...
    Best-Bodybuilding-Pose-of-Arnold-SCHWARZENEGGER.jpg

13. Jaacck May 12, 2016

lovely watch. Cant wait to get mine in July. The new box makes it quite an occasion

14. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 12, 2016

Update with @ChuckMK23 's "victory" picture regarding his successful Speedy bracelet link removal...

image.jpeg

15. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 12, 2016

Smells like "victory"...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

16. duc May 12, 2016

^^^^^^
    stock-photo-two-bodybuilders-posing-outdoors-190507829.jpg

17. alam May 12, 2016

Welcome to the Club and congrats! :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

the strap suggested by @sky21 would also be my recommendation as your first strap, but will require an investment (a good one too) on an Omega OEM folding clasp (Omega 18 mm Deployant Buckle 94521813) - be careful now, :cautious: don't let @Mad Dog talk you into a super funky wide leather strap! :p

https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedy-strapsology.33330/#post-373999

ChuckMK23, sky21 and Mad Dog like this.
  18. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion May 12, 2016

^^^LOL!^^^

Here's @ChuckMK23 's winging pic from 1988. Can you find Chuck? Back row, fourth to the right from the left...
    image.jpeg

BONUS PIC: Mad Dog's winging pic...also from 1988...3 months following @ChuckMK23 's winging. Can you find Mad Dog? Middle row, dead center...
    image.jpeg

Edited May 13, 2016
  19. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 12, 2016

were you gawking a Metallica video, or some Hooters girls? I guess in 1988, it might have been 20 Minute Workout girls..

20. italy1861 May 12, 2016

Congratulations on the new watch and welcome @ChuckMK23! You still on the decaf Mad Dog! :coffee:

Slevin kelevra, ChuckMK23 and Mad Dog like this.