Forums Latest Members

New speedmaster pro bracelet value?

1. Hunter87 Feb 1, 2019

Good afternoon I’ve just bought a speedy pro this morning and am looking to sell the bracelet that came with the watch as it doesn’t fit me well it’s either too tight or two loose. I also prefer NATO’s and leather straps can someone tell me how much roughly a brand new one with stickers on it is worth? I’ve looked around on that well known auction site and can’t seem to see any other listings to help me find a value.

This is my first omega and only my second watch purchase after my submariner so if anyone can help I’d very much appreciate it.

Many thanks

2. Speedy 419 Feb 1, 2019

Congrats on your Speedmaster! I'm not sure on the value of an unused Speedy bracelet, but I think I would advise you to hold on to it should you decide to sell your watch in the future. It should get you a little more money on the sale.

I have the same issue with my Seamaster Pro bracelet. I can't get it to fit properly, so its on a NATO. Another option would be to purchase a new adjustable clasp from Omega. My understanding is that it fits the Speedmaster bracelet.

mistexbs and Hunter87 like this.
  3. BradleyJ. Feb 1, 2019

If you like the look of the bracelet but it just doesnt fit right then I'd suggest what was already suggested which is to get the micro adjustment clasp. You may regret selling the bracelet down the road. Plus the clasp isnt that much money. Congrats on the speedy!

fakinbacon likes this.
  4. mayankyadav Feb 1, 2019

I sold mine for $650 on ebay. Saved money on ebay fees too. Bought another watch with that money. List it on ebay and you will know what's its worth!

Hunter87 likes this.
  5. Hunter87 Feb 1, 2019

Thanks

6. fakinbacon Feb 1, 2019

Agreed! I put it on mine and it's fantastic - perfect fit and so easy to adjust on the fly. There's a few different types of adjustable clasps and end links that you can use, but I went with the ones from the 39.5mm Planet Ocean series. Clasp part number is STZ004666 and the end links (you'll need two) are 0118ST1589. Ordered from local AD and it came out to a grand total of $175. Can't recommend enough if you're at all interested in wearing it on the bracelet.

7. Hunter87 Feb 2, 2019

Now on eBay if anyone is looking for one.

8. fergusm Feb 3, 2019

There’s definitely a market for these, especially with so many recent LE’s not including bracelets. That said, I’d hang onto it in case you ever want to sell. I have a Tintin and have never used the bracelet - I prefer it on a simple black nato. But I’ll hang onto the bracelet just in case...

Edited Feb 3, 2019
    mistexbs likes this.
  9. Hunter87 Feb 3, 2019

I sold it on eBay guys for £470 = $614

10. Folgono Feb 3, 2019

Well I sold a brand new one still packaged 2 months ago for only 420€ (480usd). Should have went the ebay way I guess.

11. BradleyJ. Feb 3, 2019

It's ok, we all make mistakes ;)

Just kidding. Do what ya gatta do.

12. Hunter87 Feb 3, 2019

Ha Ha should pay for a life times worth of polywatch!

Folgono likes this.
  13. Panych Feb 6, 2019

In my view this is the biggest downside of the moonwatch bracelet. Unfortunately, I also could not adjust it to my wrist although I have an average size of the wrist.
    I would also recommend to keep it. Selling watches with full and authentic set is much easier then with aftermarket items.

14. BradleyJ. Feb 6, 2019

Aggreed but I think it's a little too late for that ;)

Hunter87 and Panych like this.
  15. Skyblue44 Feb 6, 2019

I say sell it if you don't use it, and if you are fairly confident about keeping the watch.

16. watchesandcoffee Feb 10, 2019

I heard that the clasp of the Speed Apollo 17 45th anniversary is an adjustable one. So I guess it can be ordered from an AD too.