Forums Latest Members
  1. Plainsman Feb 10, 2018

This is only my second posting here but I've been lurking around for a while. I'm planning on buying my first Omega this year. It would be be a Speedy. I just love the look of the design and the history it has with the U.S. space program. The one that has caught my eye is the Co-Axial Moonphase with the blue face. I've seen it at my local AD and it's beautiful. I have been looking around for postings on it, outside of the official reviews made by the magazines and forums. It surprises me there is very little out there on it considering it was released two years ago. Much of the love has been (understandably) for the original Speedys. Are people not that enthused about this Speedy variant or am I missing something?

Regards,
    Plainsman

2. speedybob Feb 11, 2018

It is beautiful and I really like it, but at 45mm it's too big for my 6.3" wrist. I wish it was smaller :(

3. repoman Feb 11, 2018

The new moonphase got a lot of good reviews; its unquestionably a beautiful timepiece.. Take a look at the chocolate and the blue side by side, its a pretty sick decision to have to make. The price point on the moonphase is probably the biggest reason you don't see a lot of discussion about it; and the marginally larger size.
    20161217_200149.jpg

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  4. Caliber561 Feb 11, 2018

I really like it because it still has that triple-subdial layout, unlike the regular co-axials. It is a shame that the watch is so large and so expensive though...

5. qboa Feb 11, 2018

I also hope it to be smaller...

6. lustrousaurus Feb 11, 2018

I prefer this moon phase:

[​IMG]

The newer one is nice and it's movement is phenomenal but I do like the classic look with the addition of the fourth sub dial for the moon phase.

hanky6 likes this.
  7. Riviera Paradise Feb 12, 2018

Not wanting to split hairs on this but it is actually 44.25mm, i.e. same case size as the DSOTM, new Speedy Master Co-Axial Racing etc.

ras47 likes this.
  8. Plainsman Feb 12, 2018

The price on it is the biggest stumbling block. The AD I went to offered a 25 percent discount for it. Even then, I’m still hesitant......until I look at the watch.

9. ras47 Feb 12, 2018

I personally love the new generations of co-axial Speedys. I have 7 3/4” wrists so the larger size is right in my wheelhouse. And although automatic winding is not canon with the original moonwatch, I find it more convenient than manual winding. I also insist on a date window on all my watches. Still enjoying my first Speedmaster, the most basic of the co-axial models.
    769C9AEA-D81F-4897-8BE7-31948CA46116.jpeg

lustrousaurus likes this.