Forums Latest Members
  1. oneover Feb 18, 2017

Hello everyone, I am getting a new SMP 300m diver on Monday from Jomashop. I used a $50 off coupon plus the already 39% off, and I got another 3% for doing a bank wire. Jomashop was the way to go for me. With that being said, what kind of accuracy should I expect from this new SMP? I will wind it and leave the Jomashop tags in place incase there are any issues with it. Should I just wind and leave dial up for 24 hours to check it's accuracy? I will post pictures here also so you can look her over. This is my first gray market purchase, but for my pricing it was my best option. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

2. DMeister406 Feb 18, 2017

Just give it 30-40 winds of the crown, then sync the time with somewhere like: https://time.is and then wear it all day. Wearing it means that it will be in multiple positions and this is how the COSC/META certifications are established. Leaving it in just 1 position, you will probably see more of a gain/loss depending on the position it is resting in.

EDIT: You can also go to: https://www.omegawatches.com and then enter the watch serial number into your dashboard. This will show you all of the various factory test results for your specific piece.

oneover likes this.
  3. w.finkenstaedt Feb 18, 2017

Not on a SMPc it won't.

Spy, oneover and Foo2rama like this.
  4. DMeister406 Feb 18, 2017

Is it only for META pieces?

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. w.finkenstaedt Feb 18, 2017

Yes. It's also METAS.

Spy and Foo2rama like this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 19, 2017

Should be within 10 seconds a day I believe that about factory spec but my money says your within 5 seconds easy.

oneover likes this.
  7. oneover Feb 19, 2017

Thanks to all of you for your replies, I will test it with tags on just to make sure she is running well before letting her breath out in the wild.

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 19, 2017

::popcorn::

oneover likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 19, 2017

All Omega COSC watches have a range for average daily rate of between -1 and +6 seconds per day, with the target rate being +3.

GBTRIUMPH and oneover like this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 19, 2017

I thought that watch was not COSC for some reason... probably the wine last night and forgot it has professional in the name. Bad foo bad foo!!

oneover likes this.
  11. cyclo Feb 19, 2017

Hi, have my blue SMPc since a month. Bought it directly in Biel.

I love it. It's planned as my exit watch. We will see :)

regarding the question of accuracy: mine has about +1.8 s/d. I track it with the iOS App "WatchTracker".

oneover likes this.
  12. oneover Feb 19, 2017

That is some very good accuracy, I am hoping for the same. To test the accuracy are you just wearing it? I heard here that is a good way to test it because it will be in almost all positions while wearing.

13. oneover Feb 20, 2017

It just arrived, very impressive presentation box, I have looked over for any blems or dust inside the dial with a loop. Nothing noted, no scratches anywhere. Doing a 24 hour accuracy check on the wrist. It's not easy without being able to close clasp, lol. I am very impressed with the double AR. It's much better than my 2016 submariner in that respect. My sub is super accurate so will be hard to beat it. The sub is less than one sec per 24 hours. I took some quick photos to let you see, after my QC I will remove the stickers and take some more. The bracelet feels of very high quality, solid and smooth. Over all I am very impressed. Now if it's as accurate as expected I will be dancing in the street!
    IMG_7281.JPG IMG_7287.JPG IMG_7288.JPG

14. Spectre Feb 21, 2017

Very nice :thumbsup:

oneover likes this.
  15. Shibata Feb 21, 2017

Look great. Congrats!

oneover likes this.
  16. cyclo Feb 22, 2017

I do not wear it during night. Using the App I did test runs with different storage orientations during the night: one week leaving it on the crown, one week long on the 9 o'clock position, one week flat... but in general the new watch seams the readjust during the first weeks... the accuracy was +2.6 s/d in the beginning and is now down to +1.5 s/d since a few days..

17. oneover Feb 22, 2017

Thank you very much, in the past 36 hours I can already see the same with the accuracy. It seems to be settling in. My latest check now at 18 hours is +1.5 sec. Very happy so far!

Spy likes this.
  18. Spy You know my name. Feb 22, 2017

So, would you say Jomashop is one good avenue for buying a new watch without the msrp?

19. oneover Feb 22, 2017

I would highly recommend them. Having said that please consider these factors for using them or another reputable gray market seller. If you can save enough to justify no factory warranty use them. Also, my watch was in stock, I ordered at 430 pm and it was shipped out one hour later, that is some fantastic customer service. However if your watch is not in stock I have heard they can be considerably slower. My final thoughts are this, when you buy a genuine Omega your chances of a factory defect are low. I know my watch is a factory genuine watch, so the chances of me needing the factory warranty are low.I do get a 4 year warranty from Jomashop, I may never use it,but I do have that piece of mind. I saved 42% off retail, an added 3% because I used a bank wire. The best deal I could get from AD's was about 15% off. Yes you get one on one treatment from an AD, but in my opinion it did not justify my savings.

Spy likes this.
  20. Spy You know my name. Feb 22, 2017

About their warranty, do you or anyone know whether or not Jomashop uses OEM parts? Also, after that 4 year period is finished, will OMEGA service the watch? I would think that if you are paying $525 for an out of warranty service, OMEGA would not care that it was purchased from a non-AD. But then again I have never bought from a grey dealer so I may be wrong.

pghickster likes this.