Forums Latest Members
  1. cjoedaniel Mar 7, 2019

I recently bought the new seamaster from a trusted seller here on the forum. The watch has the warranty card from an AD in the US. The AD name is printed however the ref.,serial and date are handwritten. Is this normal for a new model Omega? The Chronometer and Pictogram card have both serial and ref. printed. I read an older thread that all newer warranty cards should have this info printed except for the date.

Can anyone who's recently bought from an AD or OB confirm this?

And if for whatever reason the warranty card is rejected for a warranty service, will Omega still service if I paid or will the watch be blacklisted?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 7, 2019

Yes normal.

3. JAAA Mar 8, 2019

Does the gray transfer your particulars to the AD to then register the watch under your name for warranty purposes?

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 8, 2019

I don't think it works that way with Omega. I think they inspect the card and figure out if it was from an authorised place or not. This is why blank papers are just as bad as no papers. They will also I think in certain circs accept a proof of postage if within date and from an AD or boutique.

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. JAAA Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for the clarification.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2019

Omega will never refuse to service a watch unless it is a fake or is so old they no longer have parts for it. The warranty card is only useful for the warranty period, and after that is irrelevant with regards to paid servicing.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. cjoedaniel Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for the info folks. I am pretty sure my seller did not transfer my info to Omega. I don't think that is a thing..

I raised this question because of the thread I read on printed warranty cards for newer watches and I went on ebay and found that you can buy blank warranty cards with an AD stamp

8. rahul718 Mar 8, 2019

Pretty sure you meant the Master Chronometer card

Mine is the same way - typed AD but handwritten reference, serial and date

9. cjoedaniel Mar 8, 2019

Yes it is a master chronometer card and it all checks out on the METAS results online. Did you buy from an AD or OB?

Edited Mar 8, 2019
  10. rahul718 Mar 8, 2019

Yep, I always do. Just confirming that you received a Master chronometer card (vs. Chronometer card) as that is what your watch should have come with. And there should be an "Access code" on that too

11. cjoedaniel Mar 8, 2019

Yes it does and I'm able to login online