Forums Latest Members
  1. FL390 Apr 30, 2021

Hi, first post here, just took delivery of my first Omega watch, a new Seamaster professional 300m, purchased from an authorized dealer. It’s beautiful, and my favorite watch of all time. I can’t get enough of wearing it.

I just have a question for you guys, and one little concern. The watch is absolutely perfect in every regard, except for looking at the movement through the display back. The balance bridge is noticeably dirty, right below the serial number, and there is even a tiny speck of dust on the underside of the glass. Have any of you noticed anything like that on these watches? It’s not horrible, and you wouldn’t notice with a casual glance, but under a light, it’s pretty noticeable. (The dirty spot on the bridge, not the speck of dust, which is pretty minor and not much of a concern to me.) This is my first watch at this price point, by a long shot, so it’s kind of surprising, and a little disappointing. My Hamiltons, and even my Glycine Airman have spotless, albeit much more plain movements. I’ll attach a pic. What do you guys think? Normal/acceptable?

97FD0DF7-8C5C-48E5-AE04-8F46B5D31F25.jpeg
  2. AntonisCy Apr 30, 2021

Not acceptable for a watch at this price point in my opinion. But OMEGA is well known for owning up to their mistakes. I would take it in and get it sorted out.

3. AYTifosi May 1, 2021

Definitely not okay. That would drive me nuts.

4. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 1, 2021

If you can’t live with it take it back for correction, I am sure your AD will sort it.

5. DoctorEvil May 1, 2021

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!
    +1 to all of the above. It's disappointing and not acceptable. I'd take it back to Omega for rectification under warranty.
    I had a similar issue when I first got my Seamaster Pro 2551.80. After a while I noticed what looked like a metal filing under the crystal. Omega service centre fixed it while I waited. Quick and no fuss.

6. jaguar11 May 1, 2021

Nice watch but that would drive me mad.... Hope you get it sorted.

7. FL390 May 3, 2021

I’ll be visiting my local Omega Boutique later this week, I’ll post an update on what happens.

8. filmluvr88 May 3, 2021

I noticed this on the back of my AT and my boutique was able to send it under warranty free of charge so it's definitely possible.

Capture.JPG
  9. FL390 May 3, 2021

Thanks, glad I’m not the only one. Kind of disappointing Omegas QC is so lax, but at least it sounds like they’ll make it right. How long did it take to get it back?

10. filmluvr88 May 4, 2021

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I actually gave it to my boutique last Saturday and I haven't gotten it back yet. They did tell me though that typically watches under warranty return a month later, at the longest.

11. FL390 May 4, 2021

Oh ok. How long have you had the watch? Did you notice the blemish right away?

12. filmluvr88 May 4, 2021

I purchased the watch back in late April of this year. Oddly enough I didn't notice it immediately since I like to often marvel at the beautiful movement on the back but I think I noticed it about a week or so ago.

13. FL390 May 10, 2021

2F048081-36D3-4ECB-B267-5909DD2CB63B.jpeg Just to post an update...
    I took the watch to my local Omega Boutique. The tech there is an Omega trained and certified watchmaker, and is authorized to open and work on Omegas under warranty. (One of two so certified in the state of Texas he told me) He said he has never seen a watch come out of Omega looking like that. Maybe a speck here or there once in a blue moon, but he says he’s suspicious of the watch being previously opened. I have no reason to not trust the dealer, and I honestly believe it probably did slip through the cracks and come like this from the factory. I purchased it from Exquisite Timepieces in Naples, FL. They are recommended by some of the YouTube watch channels, and have pretty much nothing but stellar reviews online.

He did offer to open it and do what he can to clean it up, but recommend that I try to get it replaced from the AD, as it’s brand new, and I shouldn’t have to have it opened already. I purchased it from Nick at Exquisite Timepieces, and he says he is getting in contact with his Omega Rep in regards to getting it replaced from Omega, but Exquisite will not exchange it or accept a return. Still waiting to hear from the Omega rep. I’ll post an update when I finally get an answer. As of now, the watch is sitting in its box...

Edited May 11, 2021
    AngelDeVille likes this.
  14. FL390 May 11, 2021

Update:
    I was informed today by my sales rep at the AD that Omega will replace the watch. I’m happy. Shouldn’t have had to deal with it, but stuff happens I suppose. Sounds like everyone was correct who said Omega would make it right, and I’m happy with the resolution.

ThierryB and AngelDeVille like this.
  15. AngelDeVille May 11, 2021

I honestly don’t think I would have caught something like that, but it’s good to know oh-mee-gah takes care of it.

I think I’m 2 months out of warranty so I’m not going to look for spots….