Forums Latest Members
  1. Scoopdydoo Aug 24, 2017

After a few weeks of not knowing when it would arrive I got a surprise call from the AD earlier in the week that it was on it's way. So today I went in to collect and couldn't be happier.

I went for the sapphire over hesalite because I like being able to see the movement and the reflections and shine you get with the sapphire. Although it's not true to the original, I'm not going into space any time soon.

Not great photos but I'll get some proper ones soon, and ignore the kitten scratches on my hand...
    IMG_7598.JPG IMG_7599.JPG

CTS-V, speedybob and SL1800 like this.
  2. Shailor Aug 24, 2017

Beautiful timepiece. You'll enjoy it forever! This is the watch that started my fascination with Omega.

Scoopdydoo and Larry S like this.
  3. SL1800 Aug 24, 2017

Nice watch!!

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  4. speedybob Aug 24, 2017

Congratulations Scoopdydo! Beautiful watch there.

Mine is a sapphire sandwich too.. The first few months, I didn't care about the movement at all, seldom look at the back, but nowadays, I look at it whenever I remove the watch from my wrist and whenever I put it on my wrist. The movement is just beautiful.

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  5. Japenney Aug 24, 2017

congrats sir. I may have to buy one of these soon. I can't think of another manual wind chrono movement on display that is this beautiful in this price range. Such a great watch.

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  6. albertob Aug 25, 2017

Fantastic!
    Wear it in good health !

Scoopdydoo likes this.
  7. Scoopdydoo Aug 25, 2017

Thanks all. Enjoying the watch so far, find myself just staring at it when I have a moment. Very impressed by how readable it is, it wasn't something I had thought about before I got it but it really is a great piece of functional design.
    And of course looking at the movement is a joy.