Forums Latest Members

New Boutique Warranty Card Process

1. T60 Jun 15, 2021

Hi all, I bought a Speedy (3861) yesterday from an out of state boutique (in person, we are on vacation), and the warranty card only had the date filled in. I asked about the Jeweller section, and they said they just scan the QR code on the back of the card to verify warranty status. Does this sound right? Should I push the OB to fill in the "Jeweller" section?

They were pretty adamant that this no longer needed to be filled in at the OB, so I'm not sure what to think.

The front (sans serial):

[​IMG]

Here's the back:

[​IMG]

The QR code takes me to omega.ch/##referencenumber###/##serial##/##randomnumbers## which then redirects to the product detail page.

I have the receipt/invoice and have no reason to believe any funny business, just find it strange that the jeweller section is blank for a boutique of all places. Is this some new process?

2. Evitzee Jun 15, 2021

Odd that they couldn't have spent 10 seconds stamping the card, but as long as it is dated and you have your receipt you are covered. I wouldn't fret about it. You could actually write in 'Omega Boutique ' and location, it doesn't have to be a stamp to make the warranty valid.

Edited Jun 15, 2021
    Omegafanman, Foo2rama, MTROIS and 2 others like this.
  3. Rado63 Jun 15, 2021

Call the omega service center and ask them if they require the seller name on the card. Ask if they would even need the card to be present for warranty service. Otherwise if it is just a new block chain data base or something that registers the watch.

T60 likes this.
  4. T60 Jun 15, 2021

Thanks, I called them up and it was surprisingly easy to get a hold of someone. They also thought it was weird, so I'm heading back to get a stamp or have them write it in.

5. Alfista88 Jun 15, 2021

Adding a data point that both of my recent Omega purchases had the retailer name on the warranty card.

May 2021: AD stamped
    December 2020: Omega Boutique printed in.

Commisar likes this.
  6. Evitzee Jun 15, 2021

I've had three Omega's where the dealer had to write in the Ref. number, SN upon purchase with a felt tip pen and then stamp the store's name. It seems there is no set way warranty cards are issued by Omega, some have all the info filled in, except the date of purchase, and others are essentially blank. I have one where the AD wrote in the store's name and city in felt tip pen, no stamp. All the warranties are valid.

Commisar likes this.
  7. fc3861 Jun 15, 2021

I recently bought from an actual Omega Boutique and they didn’t bother writing the OB name in either. I asked and they told me since I was buying from them (corporate store) that it’s entered into the computer and I don’t even need the card. They just look up the serial number to verify warranty status and coverage.

When I bought from an AD, they did fill out the card with the store name.

8. T60 Jun 15, 2021

Thanks folks for sharing the experiences!

I went back to the boutique today and they were super understanding about it. I mentioned how weird it felt to have that spot empty on the card, and they reassured me stating that everything is in Omega's system now. Stamping is no longer done at OBs and if it gets stamped, it's up to each OB to have their own process. It's just a formality at this point and not required to activate the warranty, just the date is required.

They showed me the stamp they would use and it was hilariously long. They did offer to stamp or write in their location, but I thought that was pointless and would just "taint" the card and this new corporate process they have in place, so I skipped their offer.

Since I'm on vacation out of state, they are also going to mail me an appraisal on Omega letterhead in case I ever need it for insurance or if I want to sell it and the buyer questions it. Overall super happy about the boutique experience. No discount of course, but the service and being able to get a hot watch now was worth it.

Omegafanman, Commisar and scapa like this.
  9. T60 Jun 16, 2021

And straight from Omega themselves:

10. Commisar Jun 17, 2021

Correct, my local Omega Boutique said they've now stopped putting anything in the Jeweler section.

11. dcl_88 Jun 18, 2021

My local OB stamped my card, and I ended up with a cut-off chop because their stamp was too long. I’d rather they skip it if I knew it wasn’t required.

12. southparkclyde Jun 18, 2021

Good info here, guys.

On a similar note - is there a difference between an actual OB/AD stamp vs. sticker placed in the Jeweler section? I have Omega cards with both and have always been curious. Maybe AD's tend to use the sticker option more than the actual OB?

Good to know about the new QR code system.

13. s2000_driver Jun 18, 2021

New watches purchased from Omega Boutiques in the US don't require any stamps. Warranty is digitally activated! You don't even need a date written on the card.

14. uvalaw2005 Jun 20, 2021

Similarly, if you buy directly from the Omega website, the warranty card arrives without jeweler or date filled in.

Edited Jun 20, 2021
  15. Evitzee Jun 20, 2021

That must be new, two years ago the card had 'Omega eCommerce' in the seller area, and was dated. US sale.

16. uvalaw2005 Jun 20, 2021

Similar to how it used to be in Omega boutiques. Sounds like a system wide change. I've had several Speedmasters and Seamasters purchased this year from Omega direct, all were blank for jeweler and date.

17. Evitzee Jun 20, 2021

Which brings up a question. When the watch eventually gets resold in the future to a new owner will there be anyway for the new owner to find out where and when the watch was initially sold? Part of the interest in buying a complete vintage piece is seeing the dated and stamped warranty card which anchors the purchase date and location, it's part of its history. But if everything is blank no one will know if it was sold by a boutique, an AD or via the grey market. Kind of a let down in the vintage collecting regime, imo.

Kim and MTROIS like this.
  18. Gixnic Jun 20, 2021

19. Gixnic Jun 20, 2021

I always keep my receipts just in case. I guess this would be the way going forward.

20. Evitzee Jun 20, 2021

Often times the receipt is lost, and sometimes the seller doesn't want to disclose the initial price paid and his name/address/phone number which is often on the computer generated receipts today. I bought an ST1 last year from a professional seller here on OF, it was a full kit with the stamped and dated warranty card, but also included was the original receipt issued by the Omega Boutique in California which contained the original price and the buyers name, address and phone number, info that I didn't need and shouldn't have been provided, imo.