Forums Latest Members

New record 72 posts ( and counting) in less than 49 minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toishome Feb 15, 2021

I believe if we can add a minimum time to the 200 post rule these issues would be resolved. Let's say 200 posts and a minimum of 12 months before you can sell.

aleksejeremeev, MtV and airansun like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 15, 2021

Would make it easy when he’s from the same country as you ;)

And only a dealer would display the cards like that.....:whistling:

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 15, 2021

If he’s the person I think he is, he’s not from the same country as me at all.

4. Stewart A Feb 15, 2021

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but if in the body of a response you place @xxxx, that person will be alerted to a specific post. So, Korki78 has been notified of at least 2 posts that concern them.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 15, 2021

that is incorrect. They will not receive an email alerting them their name is quoted if their name is merely mentioned, without quoting a part of their post.
    In order to be aware their name is cited, they need to go to the top forum menu, click on « latest » (provided that they’re interested in it), and then they will see recent threads created.
    And then, if they further go to the top and click on « alerts », they will see there is an alert that they are being tagged.

It took me about two or three years into my membership to realize it— and someone in a recent thread who’s been a member for years just realized how it works too.

3nicewatches, wristpirate and Gav1967 like this.
  6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Feb 15, 2021

you are correct. hence the earlie post by @Syrte

"However people can take several years to notice the forum’s « latest » alert system so he may never realize he’s being outed"

Stewart A and Mark020 like this.
  7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 15, 2021

... took me about 7 years to figure that out :whistling:

8. wristpirate Feb 15, 2021

I'm just finding this out after 5 years :)

Syrte likes this.
  9. Stewart A Feb 15, 2021

Ha Ha - it took me about 6 months to figure it out. :thumbsup:

10. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 15, 2021

@Syrte just blew my mind!

Syrte likes this.
  11. kcgunner Feb 16, 2021

"Post Farming" I learned a new world today.... Smh

12. aleksejeremeev Feb 16, 2021

200 posts and a minimum of 12 months before you can sell. This is the simplest solution .

13. aleksejeremeev Feb 16, 2021

A little off-topic . I was kicked out of the forum Uhrforum.de . I was selling a watch on this forum and lowered the price too much. In order to avoid paying the fee and compensate for the low price, I indicated that I accept paypal payment only by F&F. If you want an invoice, then increase the price by 4.5%. Because of this phrase, the moderators of the forum accused me of commercial activity and blocked my account. Although I am a private seller. It's a shame. Or maybe it's sanctions because I'm from Russia)))))

14. Twocats Married... with children Feb 16, 2021

I agree, it's probably the best way to do it correctly. I am a member of OF only around six months and have a couple of watches I purchased in haste that I regularly consider selling. Making me wait an additional six months may change my view on the watches and save me some future regret.

Nice cats by the way.

15. michael e Still learning. Feb 16, 2021

It took me about two or three years into my membership to realize it— and someone in a recent thread who’s been a member for years just realized how it works too.[/QUOTE]

Was I that idiot? ::facepalm1:: :D

ConElPueblo likes this.
  16. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 16, 2021

Was I that idiot? ::facepalm1:: :D[/QUOTE]
    Honestly I can’t even remember who that was. ::shy::
    but if you recognize yourself so be it :whistling:

MTROIS likes this.
  17. vintage hab Feb 16, 2021

I’m exactly the opposite: I was always on the “Latest” page when I started, and couldn’t stand the little red dot on the “Alerts” so had to keep checking it. I didn’t even realize the site was broken into forums, until after one of my first new thread attempts I got butt kicked for posting on the wrong forum. So I’m thinking wtf are you talking about? ::confused2::
    And the world of OF Forums was revealed to me ::psy::

Syrte likes this.
  18. imfagent449 Feb 17, 2021

I wanted to sell some watches about 9 months ago. I thought if I could discipline myself to about 4 posts a day I could get to 200. By posting, I seem to be more inclined to purchase more watches (and I'm still not at 200).

Although I will say there are some wonderful threads on here.

19. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 17, 2021

Well you’re eligible for the « Post of the year Award » with this one. ;)

Foo2rama likes this.
  20. redzer007 Feb 17, 2021

Gotta say I like the idea of 200 posts plus one year membership. There have been several member who have been quick get to the 200 posts, post watches for sale and then suddenly have a lot less to say. The one year membership requirement would probably cut down at lot on that

MTROIS and aleksejeremeev like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.