Forums Latest Members

New Railmaster LE for sale on Jomas site and eBay?

1. Nactex Oct 24, 2017

2. munichblue Oct 24, 2017

Firstly the rendered picture is ugly and has nothing to do with the amazing beauty of the real watch. Secondly why is the demand of the watch important to you? If you like it then buy, if not don’t!

3. jumpingsecond Oct 24, 2017

My guess is that like 99% of new watches the value decreases once you purchase it and take it out of the shop so the price is reflective of that demand.

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 24, 2017

Do they actually have any in stock? Would not be the first time they have listed a watch they cannot actually procure for you.

5. Ninja2789 Oct 24, 2017

To be fair, I do think this is interesting to see "demand" vary so much across the 60th reissue line up, especially when we're seeing 60th Speedies hitting the secondary market at 30-40% mark up.

In fact, I wonder if this means the rate of buyers receiving their allocations varied a lot across the difference references. Ok ok, maybe that proves your point that this is a useless exercise, but to me it's interesting to think about what cycles might occur to bring watches through the secondary market.

Take the Speedy Tues. When allocations first hit we were seeing mid $9k easily. Now just a few months later I'm looking at mid to high $7. That's really interesting and should make anyone question the idea that it's "easy" to buy these LE to flip for profit. That might be true if you're one of the lucky few to get your allocations in the beginning. Otherwise, good luck selling in a market that's likely over-supplied by others with the same idea of flipping.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 24, 2017

Re ST prices...

The spike then trend down is wholy expected. That being said I know more then a few people are glad that it sold out before they could get one in the initial hype. It’s got an amazing set of details, but I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in having second thoughts about the overall look.

Edited Oct 24, 2017
  7. Theognosis Oct 25, 2017

If there is indeed stock then there will be 4 more lucky souls who will get to wear something special. The CK-2914 or its re-issue will always be Omega's sleeper hit. Let the speculators enjoy the Seamasters and the Speedmasters for their market value. I'll enjoy the RMLE for what it is.

LeonDeBayonne, JohnLy, Pun and 3 others like this.
  8. Tritium Oct 25, 2017

So do I ::love::
    IMG_0205.JPG

DIV, fly4food, Pun and 11 others like this.
  9. Ninja2789 Oct 25, 2017

Man. I actually agree. I suppose you could argue that you're now in the territory of used rolex explorer I. But I feel the aesthetics are so different with the more interesting layout going to the RMLE.

Now if only the Seamaster LE would drop in price . . .

JohnLy likes this.
  10. pennsyl936 Oct 25, 2017

From Joma shop website .....

upload_2017-10-25_13-17-11.png

Edited Oct 25, 2017
    Theognosis likes this.
  11. abrod520 Oct 25, 2017

Jomashop usually pulls stunts offering limited-edition watches on their website that they don't really have much of a chance of getting. However I think if they list it on eBay, then don't actually ship, they might get into trouble with eBay's terms of service. Considering the amount of business I'll bet Joma does via eBay, I doubt they'd risk that. They probably did get their hands on a couple of them.

12. Kmart Oct 25, 2017

I think we're seeing now is that the demand is not as high as some people were predicting. Omega basically flooded the market with over 10,000 "Limited Edition" watches with the three 60th anniversary LEs plus the Speedy Tuesday. I said all along that these will be readily available below retail in fairly short order, just like the CK2998. It would not surprise me at all if Joma were able to procure a few to sell at a slight profit.

Pun and TMas like this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 25, 2017

The site says the RM is in stock and ready to ship, bit the Seamaster is not. Usually when they list ones they don't actually have, they show as the SM is listed.

14. BLAUGRANA Oct 27, 2017

By these do you mean the Railmaster? I would agree with that. Even the Seamster perhaps. Speedy Tuesday and 60th Speedy we'll have to see. CK2998 isn't as nice so for me it's not a comparison I'd use. To your point though, especially if you're referring to the Railmaster, they made over 3000 of them. Should have just made 1957 of each with say 157 trilogy sets.

mikechi22 likes this.
  15. Kmart Oct 27, 2017

By these I mean all of them (the three 60th anniversary and the ST). The hype was massive when they were first getting delivered, but a LOT of people bought these watches with the sole intent of flipping them for profit, and I'm already seeing people struggling to find buyers well in excess of MSRP. There are a couple FS on the forum right now even.

16. Shailor Oct 27, 2017

I think the demand for these isn't what was expected. In a year or two, online retailers will have them at even bigger markdowns.

17. abrod520 Oct 27, 2017

Demand for the Speedmaster and Seamaster seems strong right now, with the former selling for a bit above MSRP and the latter selling at MSRP secondhand. The Railmaster however seems not to have as many fans, with them struggling to sell even at the current low of $1000 below MSRP.... Makes sense though really, since the Speedmaster and Seamaster 300 have always had wide appeal even beyond the watch nerd world, while the Railmaster remains somewhat obscure. Super brave of Omega to release that one, actually, IMO

Timmert, Pun, Kmart and 1 other person like this.
  18. Kmart Oct 27, 2017

Despite its apparent lack of popularity compared to the Speedy / Seamaster, the Railmaster is absolutely lovely and the one I would have out of the three. There are a lot of options for vintage inspired divers and chronographs nowadays but not so many for a simple, steel, time only watch (besides of course the Explorer). I just can't stomach the asking price for these unfortunately, even below MSRP.

19. abrod520 Oct 27, 2017

Oh I'm not at all suggesting that the Railmaster is lesser than its peers - quite the opposite in fact, it's my favorite of the three! :) But its appeal is mostly to watch nerds, and even then many watch nerds are as yet unfamiliar with the Railmaster. I was knee-deep into Speedmasters before I even learned about it!

My point is that it seems that the Railmaster will probably be the most easily available below MSRP, at least immediately. For me, I'm planning on snagging one perhaps next year as I really do think it'll be worth it - an antimagnetic, co-axial movement in such a beautiful case / dial combo just can't be missed, even if it means I'll be eating rice and beans for a few years.

speedamatuer, Jking, Pun and 4 others like this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Oct 27, 2017

Spot on @abrod520!

After accumulating a ten watch collection in a four year time-frame (with no flipping), I imposed a new "only one additional watch per year" rule. So this year, so far, I have only purchased the Speedy Tuesday.

For me the RM is "the one" to buy out of the trilogy, and right now I am seriously tempted to exceed my +1watch/yr rule, as it is a LE. On the other hand, next year I am going to the UK, and I am pretty sure Brexit will be in full f*ck up mode so the pound will not be strong and I should get a 20% VAT discount on any watch purchase, even purchasing from an OB in London. We will probably go to York and Scotland as well, so I might find an AD offering an additional discount "up north". So based on current availability and past history of other less popular LEs, I do think the RM might still be available next year around July.

So my brain says wait until next year...but next week I have business trip to Canada...so if I find one of these beauties in the Omega duty free booth (Toronto Intl)...well I might not resist...naughty boy:)