Forums Latest Members

New purchase, with a twist

1. baoquang Mar 15, 2015

So, I have just got this to my hand for a really good deal.

[​IMG]

This is the one I am really after for my collection since long time. Now, before cheering me up - things are never that perfect, since I discovered that it has problem with winding. According to my watchmaker, the winding pinion and sliding pinion are too used and now they can not match each other to wind the mechanism. Also, this is very specific to Corum, so he cannot do anything about it (make new parts, ...)

I doubt I will ever find parts for this, but who knows ... could you, fellow members, check around from your watchmakers, or know any part retailers (I have already checked Cousin), and help me? :( :(

This model I think is from the first Golden Bridges, since the crown is not that St.Dupont type.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

These are amazing, I remember seeing some of the bulky Corum regatta watches with the flags and not having a lot of love for the brand until a bloke on the Gold Coast ordered a modern Golden Bridge for his wife and it was absolutely stunning in person. It was almost hard to believe an entire working mechanical movement can fit into something that narrow

3. SeanO Mar 16, 2015

not to ask the obvious question, but....

you have contacted Corum to find out about part availability haven't you?

4. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 16, 2015

back to the mothership for this one

5. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Mar 16, 2015

If anyone can help you, it is going to be the manufacture.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 16, 2015

From the experience the Dennis had with his Corum, Corum will bend over backwards to help you :)

7. baoquang Mar 16, 2015

Dennis, please, could you share your experience? I am afraid Corum will not sell me some parts but will require sending the watch and charge something gigantic afterwards :( @ulackfocus

8. ulackfocus Mar 16, 2015

First off, let me just say "oooooooo, dat's a NFW!!!!".

Okay, Corum will not sell the parts but their service center in the US is fantastic. Call Victor at (949) 727-9987 and let him know what's going on and see what he can do for you. I doubt he'll sell parts separately but he's the guy to talk to.

ps - Selling my Temps Mecanique is a regret to this day.

9. baoquang Mar 17, 2015

thanks, I will try to contact him

also, could you tell what is NFW?...

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 17, 2015

It has many meanings, depends on the situation.

In Joizey speak and relating to watches, it means Nice Fkn/Freak'n/Frigg'n (choose your expletive) Watch!

I suspect that in Joizey speak, it may have the same meaning as in Aussie speak, e.g:

"Hey, I saw this carpark before you mate!"

"No F* Way mate!"

* Note - same choice of expletives may be used, depending on the temperature of the situation.

baoquang likes this.
  11. baoquang Mar 17, 2015

New Foreign Words, for me :)

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 17, 2015

FWIW (For what it's worth) the expression "NFW" is usually an indication of high regard, often tinged with a bit of envy or jealousy.

In this case, well warranted, lovely, if unusual watch.

Good luck with your project.

Cheers

Jim