Forums Latest Members

New Purchase--Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Titanium/Tantalum/Sedna Gold

1. Omega-Q Apr 2, 2019

Hi all, I am new to the forums. I've wanted to purchase an Omega my whole life as my father owns a vintage Omega issued to him in the military in the 1970s. I've only seen it twice and was too young to really appreciate what it was except that it was an Omega.

That being said, I finally have the means to be able to buy an Omega, and I have finally purchased my first one, and it was the Omega Diver Seamaster 300m 210.60.42.20.99.001. I was actually in the OB, and inquired about this watch and Grey SOTM Meteorite. When the rep informed me they actually had the diver I could see in person, my jaw dropped to the floor. The watch they had was one of three in the U.S. and the gentleman that put a deposit down on it was grabbing coffee thinking his purchase over. While he was out, I was able to try the watch on (see attached photos) and immediately fell in love with it. But, I had to mull over the purchase as well.

Approximately one hour later, the gentleman was looking over the watch again, and I walked into the OB and informed them I wanted to buy the watch. Unfortunately, he realized that I was going to buy that watch, so he made the decision to complete his purchase (knowing that I would buy it if he didn't).

I don't have the watch in hand yet, but I hope that I will at some point. All I have are two photos with the watch on my wrist!

I'm excited to join this community of enthusiasts. I hope to learn more about my most recent purchase, but as well as the other Omega watches. A "moon watch" is in my future! :)

Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg
    Khamenman, chacrakhan, JAKX and 8 others like this.
  2. savio.79 Apr 2, 2019

Wow, it seems beautiful even under the dealer lighting!!! ;) Surely it performs even better under the sunlight!

chacrakhan likes this.
  3. Omega-Q Apr 2, 2019

This one still had the plastic covering the crown/bezel. I'll unwrap and take proper photos when mine arrives!

chacrakhan, BenBagbag and savio.79 like this.
  4. dputydwg1 Apr 2, 2019

nice find hope you enjoy it

chacrakhan likes this.
  5. BenBagbag Apr 2, 2019

Interesting combo! Would love to see better photos in the flesh. Looks elegant.

chacrakhan likes this.
  6. Longbow Apr 2, 2019

Here’s one for you:-
    FBA6E228-1E78-49D4-9137-268C8324E924.jpeg

7. Stufflers Mom Apr 2, 2019

These look great, my local OB has one, but probably not for long.

chacrakhan likes this.
  8. Slowpoker Apr 2, 2019

That's an amazing timepiece, absolutely amazing!

Just a question but is the case made of titanium or Tantalum?
    If I recall Tantalum is tougher than Titanium so a case made from Tantalum would equal to greater scratch resistance.

It looks so good I may actually try and call OB's in London to see if there's any left.

chacrakhan likes this.
  9. steelfish Apr 2, 2019

Looks amazing, I had no idea they were that rare. Friend of mine had a tantalum seanaster chrono in the 90s and it still looked brand new years later.

chacrakhan likes this.
  10. Bushido Apr 2, 2019

Excellent choice on going for this particular SM. I enjoyed trying this piece on last Summer and it is beautiful in person!

Welcome to the forums.

chacrakhan and Omega-Q like this.
  11. Omega-Q Apr 2, 2019

Longbow and Slowpoker like this.
  12. ericmtl Apr 4, 2019

Seamaster at it's finest!, congrats!

13. Longbow Apr 4, 2019

The case is Titanium, the bezel ring and the blue-grey bracelet links are Tantalum.

14. JeremyS Apr 4, 2019

Omega’s Instagram states the bracelet at least is Grade 2 titanium; I would guess the case is the same but not sure.

15. Longbow Apr 5, 2019

The bracelet is a mix of metals:-
    E308E862-5C3F-4BEB-86C9-4D690846D365.jpeg

Khamenman, starcraft, JAKX and 3 others like this.
  16. 77deluxe Apr 5, 2019

Very nice! Congrats

17. ericmtl Apr 6, 2019

Just read the other post about the event, wish I could have been there, thanks for all the pictures! and review, 2 little questions is it common in those ''events'' to be able to see the whole watch in separate parts like that as it is quiet impressive, and would you happen to know if the above picture of the bracelet's mix of metal also applies to the 2296.80 omega model ? (of course I know they have updated the red gold to their Sedna gold) but other than that do you think the metal's repartition, at least on the links, is still the same ?

2296.80 0_0.jpg

18. chacrakhan Apr 10, 2019

Hey Omega-Q. I was actually the person that bought the watch that day in Tyson's... It is truly as beautiful as how you describe...It is amazing to see how the color of the face changes depending on the ambient light in the room or outside. I actually posted a very quick video on YouTube about it. (It's not the best video so please dont judge:) and the plastic was still on the bezel) The number of the watch was my age so how how could I say no?? I think when people see this watch in person they will scoop it up. I'm super happy with my purchase and certainly hope you love yours! Enjoy.

ConElPueblo and Omega-Q like this.
  19. starcraft Apr 10, 2019

chacrakhan likes this.
  20. Omega-Q Apr 10, 2019

Haha! How awesome...and I run into you on the forums! Congrats on the purchase! I can't wait for mine to come in! :)

Njnjcfp88 likes this.