Forums Latest Members
  1. Paul01 Jul 18, 2015

Ahoy all...

I am now the owner of one sparkly shiny brand spanking new PO GMT in black.
    Its been 4 days of constant wear now an I couldn't be happier with it.
    I must say the watch has all of the small details I was looking for with very very few drawbacks. I was pretty much set on one as soon as it hit my wrist.

To me at least its the nicest piece out there in my price range anyways...!
    Couple of stupid (im sure) questions

How often should I fully wind it, and how many turns are in a full wind...
    Does the co-axial calibre 8605 support a date change at any point in the day as some automatic movements are restricted between 9pm and 4am only I believe..
    What do you guys use to polish out those oily finger prints and water marks etc etc; that accumulate over the day..

atb
    P

2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 18, 2015

Pics?

3. Paul01 Jul 18, 2015

not much cop with a camera....
    Don't think I could do it justice will have a go later...

P

4. Alex_TA Jul 18, 2015

You know that any thread is pointless without pics? [emoji6]
    I don't wind my watches at all, they are on my wrist or on winder. Your watch has 60 hrs power reserve, so if you wear it at least once in 3 days full day you're ok.
    You can change the date any time, it does not matter at all.
    How do I clean my watch? I spit on it and wipe with a t-shirt [emoji14]
    Or wash it and wipe with a towel. Or just get microfiber clout. I recommend HELI (google it).

5. OMEGA8605 Aug 5, 2015

Mine says hello. The only drawback I can find with this watch is there is no way to adjust the bracelet. Like some of the newer models have. Hopefully Omega will start to incorporate this into future models.

[​IMG]

oh_yeah likes this.
  6. speedbird Aug 5, 2015

oh so nice, well found indeed

7. Paul01 Aug 6, 2015

Hi all
    Tried pics but I just couldn't do it justice TBH...
    Mines as above but with the silver numbers..
    (I just need to get one link put back in its just a tad to tight, I prefer my watches to be slack on the wrist)

Ive read and heard on YouTube go for the Rolly GMT, not the Omega. Sorry I don't agree. I just couldn't and I wouldn't. Rolex could be the best in the world but id still never go there. They just all look completely the same, and these days it seems like everyone wears one; and everyone but everyone always asks one question first, "Is that a fake Rolex or is it real...?" Personally I don't want to pay xxxxx k for a piece to be asked if its a fake.

Am glad I never went with the PO "Good Planet GMT" looking back it wasn't right for me although it is beautiful it was a really really tough call. I looked really long and hard before making my choice and I'm chuffed to bits.

Looks great 8605 great looking watch enjoy it sir you can obviously use a camera.... :)

P.

8. Omegawd Aug 6, 2015

Congrats! I have this same PO GMT......my first Omega. Despite having acquired a few more since, some of higher expense, I still come back to my PO as probably my favorite. Of course, being where I popped my cherry, im probably a little bias

9. OMEGA8605 Aug 6, 2015

Thanks guys and Paul it's just a cell phone camera. Good light is all you need and the Omega will do the rest. :cool:

I'm really liking this watch, but it could use some tweaks.
    1. The bracelet needs to have the adjustable clasp. Now maybe Omega will incorporate his in future and I believe they will.
    2. The bezel should rotate like the...gasp Rolex GMT. It moves one hour per click. Ours is 5, I just checked. So that's kinda weird if you need to move the bezel +8 hours to find another time zone.
    3. My last complaint is that it would have been nice for the bezel to be different colors. I think an orange and black combo would have been killer. Orange for AM numbers and black for PM.

Thats about it. Time keeping is spot on at +.5 a day! I'm so glad I didn't go the Chronograph route.

bb58 likes this.
  10. bb58 Aug 6, 2015

It sounds like they just took a diving bezel and threw a ceramic GMT insert on it. I was going to ask if this functions like a full on GMT or if the bezel has multiple clicks per hour..guess I got my answer

11. SamQue Aug 11, 2015

I just rediscovered this form. The PO GMT is one of my favorites and gets a lot wrist time. For me the GoodPlanet blue was the only choice. However, the black bezel versions are very sharp.

image.jpg

oh_yeah, Earl and OMEGA8605 like this.