Forums Latest Members
  1. Paul01 Jun 7, 2015

Hi all new here first post.
    Im about to update my very old De-Ville with a Seamaster PO Good Planet GMT.

2 really work for me. both steel on steel.
    The Blue face with blue bezel and orange bezel index (232.30.44.22.03.001)
    The Black face with black bezel with silver numbers (232.30.44.22.01.001)

Of course in a shop under lighting they are amazing.
    Question to throw out there, While the black is always going to be timeless on any occasion, are there any PO owners out there who have the PO Blue with the orange Bezel indexes; and how do you find they fit as a daily wear..?

Just a little concerned it could be a little OTT....
    opinion's welcome before I jump in.

Nb was going to purchase through Iconic Watches any feedback on them also appreaciated

Cheers all
    Paul

Edited Jun 7, 2015
  2. OmegaSean Jun 7, 2015

I just got my PO last week I'd definitely say go and try them all on wear them in the shop for a good 20mins then go back and try them again I initially loved the Orange but one I wore it I'm not sure as a only watch how practical it would be if you have more than one then Orange black and blue be great for different outfits
    [​IMG]
    OmegaSean

Alex_TA and Taddyangle like this.
  3. OmegaSean Jun 7, 2015

PS If you buy your watch from Iconic you are buying a second hand watch as it will have been registered somewhere else, yes you have the same international warranty but the watch you are buying has come form anywhere in the world. I looked at Iconic along with several other grey importers but after building up short relationship with an authorized Omega dealer I negotiated a £1000 discount, my warranty card was stamped the day I bought it, I can take it back to the shop if I have a problem and they sent me a full valuation certificate for my insurance. Yes I did pay a few hundred pounds over the Iconic price but over the life of the watch I feel it's a small price for peace of mind.
    OmegaSean

4. rossirossi46 Jun 14, 2015

I agree, I bought my Speedmaster Mark II from my local dealer who was giving up dealership with Omega and got £1100 off. But my mate bought a Breitling from a dealer and still got nearly £800 off and £300 off a watch for his wife. At the end of the day it's piece of mind you can return it without hassle. In my case it would have to go back to Omega but with that kind of money off I'll live with that !!

5. Paul01 Jun 14, 2015

watch-1.jpg Hi guys

Thanks for your replies.
    Still trying to make my mind up on which one to go for as I say love the PO Good planet in black..

Do you have any feelings on the Blue orange combination. Just not sure it fits 100% as a daily wearer.

Leaning to the Black TBH.

P

watchme likes this.
  6. jcmartinez98 Jun 14, 2015

The one you have posted is over-the-top imo

It's just too much orange to be classic.
    Looks like a gimmicky sports fan watch displaying team colors...

I have tried that one on in person and had same reservation I think you are articulating

7. OmegaSean Jun 14, 2015

I sort of agree the orange and black is a bit garish, I didn't go for the Black on Black with Sliver as it's too similar to the Sub Mariner and I purposely didn't want a Rolex, I tried the Sub on in the shop as it's around the same price as the PO Ti but to me it was plain and has that glass bubble over the date which I really don't like. I wanted something a little different but not showy and the Omega range certainly fit the bill.

OmegaSean

8. Paul01 Jun 14, 2015

Hi there OmegaSean,

Whilst the black with silver numerals is currently the favourite, I too am a bit concerned with getting caught up in the "Rolex wearers club" (as I dont particularly like them for mostly the same reasons, other than the sub I find R to be somewhat garish IMO).
    Having said that I suppose a dive watch (pro or not) has a format, and the differences are significant enough for me so be satisfied there's enough of a distinction between the brands.

it seems to me the Blue\Orange combo is looking great under the bright lights of an AD but is it going to be as appreciated 5 years down the line.... And im kind of thinking, no probably not. So yeh the classic is the way to go.

What discount did you manage to negotiate on yours.. (im UK side they are probably tighter over here)

Cheers
    P

9. speedbird Jun 14, 2015

It's really bulky too

10. OmegaSean Jun 15, 2015

Hi Paul01,
    I'm just outside London & looked at loads of watches around the area, but London although having many AD and Grey plus second hand was expensive, I went out of London but used an AD . Discounts of between 10-20% are possible but as said I would go look try on have a bit of communication then go again (I took cash) have a price in mind and try to achieve it, remember you are buying a high end item & although to (me) this was a big purchase to some of these AD who sell watches for x3 or 4 times the price Omega are not the premier brand, the dealer I went to was happy to loose the sale for £250 dispite much bargaining by me. I paid £375 more than a Grey Dealer (iconic watch are cheapest in UK) but only £225 more than London Grey dealers. Do your research on the web take your time it's a big spend good luck

OmegaSean

Scuba dad likes this.
  11. Mike a Jun 16, 2015

I have the blue/orange good planet and couldn't be happier. The watch has amazing presence and the 43.5 wears perfectly. Good luck in you search

mike

12. Mike a Jun 16, 2015

13. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jun 16, 2015

@Paul01 -- One thing to consider when contemplating a GMT dial is whether or not you would use your watch as an actual diving watch -- as in SCUBA diving. The bi-directional bezel, and the hour markings on a GMT watch's bezel (vs. minutes on a non-GMT diver as seen in the photo below) take away much of the watch's utility as a diving watch.

On the other hand, the GMT functionality is really nice if you do a lot of traveling between different time zones and/or have loved ones living in other time zones.

So, if you are a diver or are considering becoming a diver at some future date, a non-GMT dial may be a better choice. But whatever you choose, you'll ultimately end up with a beautiful watch that you'll always be proud to wear!

IMG_1101_mods.jpg

watchme and jcmartinez98 like this.
  14. chronostart Jun 16, 2015

The PO GMT is a very nice watch.
    Tryed it myself at my local AD,liked the orange one as i think it makes the watch look very special.
    But,if i had to choose between the black or the orange i would go for the black.

15. Paul01 Jun 17, 2015

Hi all.
    Thank you so much for the replies.
    Sorry its been a while but work really gets in the way... Ok Well im decided its the Black PO with silver numerals for me. The PO is a lovely piece, a great size and has all the small design features I've been looking for.

Id like to get back to purchasing if possible, Now Iconic are doing this for £3580 vs retail of £4930.
    Now I know they are not an AD but they are selling a genuine item with an AD stamped 4yr international warranty.

I looked at both designes at Ernest Jones Kingston who are an Omega AD. Now as an AD they should be beyond reproach re their service yes...? After all its what you are paying for right...?
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.ernestjones.co.uk
    So with reviews like these why even think about an AD in the first place...?

Im going to try to work with another AD but if they cant get somewhere close then they will have lost my sale.

Any Thoughts
    P

16. OmegaSean Jun 18, 2015

Hi Paul, good on you deciding on what you want and what suits you, it's a big purchase. I did the EJ shop and they won't discount anywhere near others try these people this is where I got mine from they were very good yes I know they are few miles away but worth the trip speak to Jackie Tran (Chinese Girl) the manager is Marcus good guy knows his watches well, as said previously I paid £384 over Iconic price but over the years I'll own the watch it's not much
    Good luck
    http://www.tarratt.co.uk/products/w...ster/omega-seamaster-o23230442201001-2304351/

OmegaSean

PS give my regards to Jackie if you phone them

17. bencrouch25 Jun 18, 2015

Hi Paul, it's worth dropping Paul @ www.swisswatchtrader.co.uk an email or giving him a quick call as he sources new watches from AD's at some big discounts. The watch my fiance recently bought for me as a wedding present was from Paul and he was able to sell it for 25% less than the RRP. He's a really nice guy and might be able to help! Ben

18. Paul01 Jun 18, 2015

Hi Sean
    Contacted the guys you mention Spoke to Graham who sounds a great guy TBH, Explained where my purchasing position was and my experiences to date. Havnt got a concrete price yet but they tell me they cant get close to Iconics price of £3580.00

Heyho

P

19. OmegaSean Jun 18, 2015

Excellent news Paul, I would expect around 4k good luck Marcus is the main man a bit stern in manner as I think he feels a bit pissed off with all the grey market importers but worth listening to as he knows his watches
    OmegaSean

20. Paul01 Jun 21, 2015

Hi all...

Well I've only gone and done it...!
    After about 2 years of looking for the "Right Watch"; one Shiny new Omega SeaMaster Planet Ocean GMT in black is now heading my way.
    As I said earlier IMO understated enough yet not to be overly showy but still significant enough to be noticeable on the wrist. With a lot of the little features I wanted to be included e.g a in house movement, brushed case, classic looks, nice fitting size a good brand (with some history) but deffo not a Rolex..! :) .

In the end after a lot of research and reading I went with Iconic.
    Reasons:- Reviews, Service and price. It seems from TGZ that others who have used iconic have had no issues when visiting an AD some not even needing to present paperwork.

My view in the end; Manufacturers may not like the "Grey Market", But if you don't like it that much don't add a 40-65% mark-up on the product or allow your ADs to actually have a larger degree of flexibility when someone with cash to spend sits in front of your retailer.
    To us as clients its just economics.

P