Forums Latest Members
  1. himmelblau Mar 26, 2011

Finally got Omega on Facebook sorted out and can now see their posts on Baselworld. Here is their information on the new Planet Ocean collection:

The OMEGA Planet Ocean Collection

The watches in OMEGA's Seamaster Planet Ocean collection have been held in equally high regard for their professional divers' features, their style and their innovative Co-Axial technology since they were released in 2005. This year OMEGA is proud to be expanding the family. Like every Planet Ocean, the new watches are ready for underwater adventure and are equipped with unidirectional rotating bezels, helium escape valves and water resistance to 60 bar / 600 metres /2000 feet.

The applied indexes on the dials of the watches in the new Planet Ocean family are coated with white Super-LumiNova emitting a blue light as are the polished, facetted rhodium-plated hands. The exception is the minute hand which emits a green light, as does the dot on the diving bezel. This feature makes it easy for divers to keep track of their time at a glance.

And as Seamaster Planet Ocean wristwatches, they are powered by OMEGA's exclusive Co-Axial calibres. Each one is equipped with a silicon balance spring and the combination is so stable and reliable that OMEGA offers all of the new Planet Ocean watches with a full four-year warranty.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have left out the photos of the bejewelled PO's

Trev likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 26, 2011

I like the Cal 9300 chronos much better than the speedmaster, that really is a seriously cool watch, and the spiritual successor of my bond chrono!

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 26, 2011

The chrono layout seems so much cleaner and less cluttered than the tri-dial models. :thumbsup:

4. Speedmaster Mar 27, 2011

Wow, I REALLY like the look of the chrono top left. Any better wallpaper quality pics of that floating around? :)

5. Trev The Architect Staff Member Mar 27, 2011

I don't think there's any larger wallpaper-sized images (yet). This one's a bit bigger:

showroom_01_PO.jpeg

6. rxpete Mar 29, 2011

I never liked the current chrono much. This one is beautiful.

The blue Ti model is beautiful as well. The lume is great!! I'm thinking of selling my 45.5mm PO to get one. I know if I do I'll miss it too much though.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 29, 2011

The old PO is a cool watch but if you're into the new 8500/9300 movements, these new PO's are definitely at a whole new level over the old ones. That 45.5 PO LiquidMetal really does look like the watch Omega chose this year to take on the Rolex Submariner Ceramic and completely out-gun it in every way. Its like they had a year to see what Rolex did, and come up with the perfect counter to it. Given how fast the old Liquid Metal sold out, it might be worth grabbing the new one as soon as you can ;)