Forums Latest Members
  1. Slevin kelevra Feb 10, 2015

Just thought I would share with you guys a few pics of my newest pick up, a 1969 145.022.

I was on the hunt for a vintage Speedmaster after my 1983 144.022 just wasnt quite doing it for me. It is a very nice watch in solid condition but I just wanted something older.

I joined the forum a while ago and had been scouring the For Sale section and trying to learn as much about vintage Speedmasters as possible. I must admit I did learn quite a bit so thanks to all of you for that!

I was lucky enough to be able to engage two members on here who have been instrumental in my search and were paitent enough to answer all of the silly questions that I am sure they have heard a thousand times before but were just too polite to say! Spacefruit and Flame I commend you fine sirs! ;-)

Anyway, fast forward to just before Xmas 2014 and after a few "almost" watches I spotted a very nice looking 69 145.022 for sale on this very forum and by a seller with a solid reputation. Things were looking good!

I was lucky enough to do a smooth deal with Speedmaster George on here and after a day or two of waiting for my payment to clear in New York the watch was on its way to Scotland! :)

When I received the watch I decided to send it to STS to be checked out as the watch will be worn daily and I wanted to ensure it was as water proof as possible (not that I will be going anywhere near water ;-))

So, after discussing the watch with Simon at STS an agreement was made to fit a new crown and pushers to the watch. I have retained the original parts :)

So, now that the watch is back with me I thought I would post a few terrible iPhone pics.

Any feedback is more than welcome. I know the bezel is far too modern and the hands are more than likely replacements but I am happy!

Thanks

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. repoman Feb 10, 2015

I think that is a beautiful Speedmaster, especially the dial. Enjoy.

Slevin kelevra likes this.
  3. Drawarms Feb 10, 2015

Congrats! Thing looks mint

4. Slevin kelevra Feb 10, 2015

Thanks guys.:)

5. sirish19 Feb 10, 2015

Looks like a great find. Congrats.

6. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Feb 10, 2015

Beautiful dial, sharp case! Well done! Only a Speedmastermaster will notice the non-vintage bezel.
    Congrats!

7. legends71 Feb 10, 2015

Wow that's one good looking golden oldy. :thumbsup::coffee:

8. timeismoney Feb 11, 2015

Congrats on such a fine piece, makes an excellent daily wearer. Thank you for sharing!