Forums Latest Members

New Pick Up - Seiko SPB077

1. mz_cle Mar 23, 2019

My new watch came in recently, and I’m quite pleased.

After some waffling between the SPB077 and the SPDC051, I opted for the SPB077 and it’s more cushion-like case. After some searching, I found one for a steal and pounced.

I need to resize the bracelet, but it’s action and finish surprised me more than anything about the watch itself. Second most surprising is that the size is exceptionally reasonable and not too large. I had read some reviews and comments online that described the watch’s 44mm as being very large, but - as you can see in the wrist shot below - it sits on my wrist quite well and doesn’t look too big in the least.

The bezel movement is smooth, but it shows the slightest bit of noticeable play. The crown movement and finishing is also very nice, and exceeded, minus the lack of insignia, my expectations.

I am very pleased with the purchase, and look forward to wearing it primarily on the weekends. Though I expect it will creep into my daily wear some, especially given the current honeymoon.

I will add more (and better) pics in the next few days, especially after I resize the bracelet.

1090D6DC-998A-4AE7-BA1C-9E5C762824A0.jpeg 897085EF-31C2-44EF-929B-0329C291951C.jpeg
  2. Professor Mar 23, 2019

Looks like the distance between spring bars is no more than that of much smaller diameter watches. I suspect that's why it sits on the wrist like a smaller watch would.