Forums Latest Members
  1. WhatYourWatchSay May 31, 2017

Hey everyone.

I picked up a very nice Omega 30T2SC today in a steel 2324 case. I'm going to be posting some pics but I had a question about the case back.

When I got it home the lip on the snap down back was partially under one of the lugs making it hard to use a case knife to remove the back, so I used a Swiss Army knife with a very thin blade and it came up without putting any other scratches on the back, (there are a few scratches from previous openings but not really terrible.)

I was going to replace the back after taking pics but now I don't know how to orientate the back so the lip is easily accessible.

If I put it in the center of the case it's right near the balance wheel and I worry that a slipped knife will ruin the balance or the bridge.

Should I put it between the lugs? That will limit the space that a knife can fit but it's not near the balance.

Any opinions on this are very much appreciated.

2. bubba48 Jun 1, 2017

Simply on the opposite side of the crown

Paedipod likes this.
  3. WhatYourWatchSay Jun 1, 2017

Thanks bubba48. I thought it might be but wanted to check with others before snapping down the back. I'll be posting some pics alter today.