Forums Latest Members

New ORIS Big Crown Pro Pilot.... just released

1. guaranteed.rohu Sep 5, 2019

2. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 5, 2019

i kind of was expecting the crown to be a little bigger and for it actually to look like a pilots watch.

this looks like the circa 90's/ early 00's zenith turbine dial models that most everyone loathed

3. Carl Sep 5, 2019

Not usually being a fan of skeleton type watches, I was more impressed after reading the article. To design a case around the movement really appeals to me. I find quite often - as is the case with this model - that once I read about the mechanical achievements, even the aesthetics become more appealing. All titanium, and manually wound as well. And although the price is definitely higher end for the Oris brand, it is still reasonable in my opinion. Well done, Oris!

4. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Sep 5, 2019

What an awful looking watch.

Oris have made some pretty neat watches in recent years - I’m still thinking about an Oris sixty five - and my crown pilot (below) was a proper watch I really coveted and, once I’d got it, ticked all my boxes, but this new one ............ :(

0B2DDFD9-D023-4D7C-8DA9-55EF8E329A52.jpeg

5. horologyhouse Horology House @ YT Sep 7, 2019

Its a cracking watch, but I like some of the other offerings.

6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 7, 2019

Large watch & an Asian market presentation says it all :D

KingCrouchy likes this.
  7. river rat Sep 7, 2019

The movement looks like one giant main spring some thing you would want to hide instead of skeleton type case. Not a pretty movement. It’s kind of ugly.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  8. zrleopold Sep 7, 2019

Loved the video as per usual! I agree completely that the finishing should be a little bit more refined, particularly at this price.

KingCrouchy and horologyhouse like this.
  9. Risto Sep 8, 2019

You should make a behind the scenes or tutorial video how you create such videos. I'd be very interested, hell, would even pay for that.
    I just can't do similar videos.

horologyhouse likes this.
  10. Professor Sep 8, 2019

I like everything about this watch except the skeleton dial. If one is into skeleton dials this is exceptionally well executed.
    Personally I don't like all that distraction from and lowered visibility of markers.
    The rear window shows off the movement far better than the front view.

11. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Sep 8, 2019

Sums up my view on the thing.

horologyhouse likes this.
  12. KingCrouchy Sep 11, 2019

I really like the design of the band and clasp. The skeleton should have been done better for 7k and I would have liked the movement to be regulated to COSC Standards. Size is too big for me. Overall cool try of Oris. I really like the quality of my Girlfriends Oris.

IMG_20190530_145307.jpg
  13. saulgoodman Sep 11, 2019

14. Carl Sep 20, 2019

Well, I recently joined Omegaforums. I have to apologize for not posting more in the past few weeks. The reason is, that I actually got the Oris ProPilotX. I spent the entire day it was officially released trying to learn as much as I could about the watch. The next day - at 1am as a matter of fact - I was wide awake, looking at more photos on my iPad. I knew that this is a watch I had to own! As soon as I could in the morning, I went downtown to my AD, and was shocked to find they actually had received one, and it had only been in the display case for about 3 hours. So, the rest is history. I would like to include a few of my own pics (quite a few actually!) rev1.jpg rev2.jpg rev3.jpg rev4.jpg rev5.jpg rev6.jpg rev7.jpg rev8.jpg rev9.jpg rev10.jpg rev11.jpg rev12.jpg rev13.jpg rev14.jpg rev15.jpg rev16.jpg rev17.jpg rev18.jpg rev19.jpg

I would like to add, that I believe that although this is an expensive price for an Oris, the value is certainly there. I have been constantly monitoring the watch for the past 10 days, from maximum wind. This morning, after 10 days, it was a -39secs. That is -3.9secs/day or 24 hour period. I am more than satisfied with that performance, especially as the watch is so new, as well as being a brand new model. The first day, it started out at -6secs after 24 hours, then gradually over 10 days it actually improved.

Thanks for looking at my post.

Cheers,
    Carl

befobe, Foo2rama, michael22 and 2 others like this.
  15. Geezer Sep 20, 2019

Interesting and cool watch.

One thing I've noticed in both the pictures above and in the reviews I've read online, is that the first bracelet link from the case is very rigid and doesn't fold along the wrist. I know it might be a minor detail, but it really annoys me seeing this in every wrist shot.

Carl likes this.
  16. Martin_J_N Sep 20, 2019

If you are in to a Skeleton dial then this watch is awesome, but for me whilst I love seeing the internal parts of a watch gelling together I prefer to see the workings of the watch from the rear and like my dials to be clear and easily readable, and with this watch along with many others that do this style I struggle with the readability of the dial.

For those that like this Oris and the skeletonise look, please enjoy your watches and wear in good health.

Carl likes this.
  17. Carl Sep 20, 2019

Well, what might be a minor detail to some, is important to others. I can see how it would appear in photos. In fact, the bracelet does hug my wrist very well. The bracelet is very comfortable. Your's is an interesting comment, and one point of view I have not heard before. I have done a number of posts on other forums and the Oris Facebook as well. Anyway, often trying on a watch is a different experience from what we visualize from the photos. I appreciate your comments! Cheers, Carl

18. Carl Sep 20, 2019

I was of the same opinion before I saw this watch. Once I saw it in real life, I was amazed how legible it really is. The large, white lumed hands really help a lot. And also, to my surprise, glow well all through the night. The simplicity of the time only and small seconds movement makes it very easy to gaze into the watch and immediately view everything that goes on. It certainly is completely different from any watch that I ever expected to like and to wear. Cheers, Carl

Martin_J_N likes this.
  19. Martin_J_N Sep 20, 2019

Delighted that you like the watch, I have tried skeletonise watches on numerous occasions and all with the same result, I lose the hands in the background, so guess that I am a 'classic' dial man.

Carl likes this.
  20. jaspers Sep 27, 2019

Same here. It looked a little too "Richard Mille" to me, until I tried it on. The hands are very legible, and overall the watch is much more subtle than it looks in the promotional pictures. I'm just amazed how Oris can produce a watch like this at such an accessible price point. In the Oris boutique they even had a VR set that allows you to look around inside the movement—very cool!