Forums Latest Members
  1. Orlando Mar 22, 2022

Hello,

I’m looking into buying my new luxury watch. I would prefer something newer since I’m not into the small seconds. What newer models are worth buying? I love the display back on the new 2021 model. But I know that the herstile has more of the vintage look.

2. PandaSPUR Mar 22, 2022

I'm confused. All speedmasters have small seconds since it uses one of the subdials to track seconds and the main big second hand is used for the chronograph.

3. mtor91 Mar 22, 2022

Been going back and forth for a few months in terms of the sapphire vs hesalite:

-Love the applied logo but its going to be covered majority of the time
    -Love the open caseback but its going to be unseen majority of the time
    -Love a sapphire scratch resistant crystal BUT the milky ring cannot be unseen and drives me insane
    -Prefer the brushed bracelet and lower price of the hesalite too but most importantly how it looks...

Hesalite 3861 wins - will be buying before end of summer.

Tim Plains likes this.
  4. alakapla1 Mar 22, 2022

Great choice

mtor91 likes this.
  5. Orlando Mar 22, 2022

this is all very good points. I love the sapphire but it’s a little bit more expensive. I went in a local AD and they had the hesalite and it was beautiful at a very good price I think 5600 and sapphire 6700. I’m going back and fourth too.

6. Mugul Mar 23, 2022

I like sapphire. The slight down grade in looks is fine for me Becuase I’d could never keep that nicer “look” for long.

7. tooch Mar 23, 2022

I've got a 3861 hesalite, had it for close to a year. FWIW, I wear it to work often, and have a job where I'm often banging it into things getting equipment in and out of my car, and it's only got the most minor scratches on the hesalite. In fact, today was the first time I've even polished the hesalite with Polywatch, which made it look new again.

The watch body itself has gained more scratches and small dings than the hesalite has.