Forums Latest Members

New Omega Speedmaster Pro Accuracy

1. captain_NEMO Apr 11, 2019

My recently bought Speedy has been on wrist for 8 days now, and after checking my atomic clock, it has gained 6 secs since. Six! She is wound fully every night before going to bed.

That's not even +1 a day - 3/4 of a second, to be exact. Beating the pants out of my most accurate piece at +1.5.

Excitedly told my wife, but she just glazed over and asked if I can throw out the garbage. Thought I'd share with a group who will mostly likely care. :)

That is all.

2. FlyingSnoopy Apr 11, 2019

Great!
    Keep enjoying it
    Cheers

3. Canuck Apr 11, 2019

Him: Take the garbage out? A man’s home is his castle!
    She: Well, your highness!

mydeafcat likes this.
  4. mydeafcat Apr 11, 2019

Mine is in the opposite direction, but still very consistent. @Archer has written a number of exceptionally detailed and informative posts on the myriad factors affecting Speedmaster 'accuracy' measurement. They're mechanical watches, of course, and I welcome the vicissitudes of analogue.

Unlike the original owner who clearly never wore it, (@Canuck - I scooped this back home in Calgary), my new-to-me 2011 3570.50 has not left my wrist in 4 weeks, except at night. Wound every day at 9:00 or so, it averages -4/-5 seconds/day. For example, I set it ahead last week (Tuesday) so it was running 38 seconds ahead of time.is. Today, I'm only 1 second ahead, or a loss of 37 seconds in just over 8 days (or put another way, out of 691,200 seconds). That's more than fine for me, even though I know it's overdue for a service.

5. mydeafcat Apr 11, 2019

And even as I type, my wife looks at me, asks what I'm typing about (although she knows full well I'm on OF). When I mention Speedmaster time accuracy, she rolls her eyes and smiles resignedly. Naturally, she'd much prefer I attend to the recycling.

6. Owlsu Apr 12, 2019

You got really lucky with yours, my one ran at +16 consistently from new for years before I opened the back up and poked around until it became +2.