Forums Latest Members

New Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra golf is it real

1. Mikeh Jul 18, 2015

just purchased a new aqua terra golf edition (as seen on tv with rory macilroy) got it from Amazon a couple of days ago and like all things from the net I am nervous about its authenticity. Paid what would be close to store price for it, so saved maybe $500 all told. It looks fantastic and came with what looks like the correct box. Signed off warranty card pictograms card and user manual. It has the SS bracelet which has the following numbers engraved on the clasp 1567/693. From what I have read about other models I should expect to find the 693 number on the end links at the watch case, but they are not evident. Every other detail I have read about is pefect. The watch is operating as it should and keeping spot on time. Should it have the numbers on the end links ?

Love the watch and appreciate whatever input I can get

image.jpg
  2. DAM Jul 18, 2015

Nice. I thought Amazon sold only gray market....

3. chickenman26 Jul 18, 2015

Terrible pic, but looks authentic from what I can see. Maybe you found an unusual deal, but if it's brand new and it came from Amazon, I doubt the warranty card has a dealer stamp on it...meaning grey market watch with no Omega warranty. Maybe warranty from seller or Amazon. Grey market sellers are listing this model at around $1800 off list price right now, but they probably don't have it in stock.

4. persco Jul 18, 2015

If you're concerned, why buy it first and then go asking for advice? Wouldn't it make sense to ask before you buy it? I'm just sayin...

sengvin likes this.
  5. italy1861 Jul 18, 2015

Amazon has very few watches with manufacturer warranty intact.. They usually a give you a two year warranty from some company called Asurion...

6. Mikeh Jul 18, 2015

Sorry about the pic guys.. I have added a couple more. The warranty card contains the stamp of an italian jeweller which I have checked out. I hear you about ask first. The watch was a gift from my wife and she bought it based on advice from my daughter who swears amazon will not sell fakes. The bad PR would not be good for business. I beieve its legitimate, just need to know if the bracelet links should have the number on them ? Thanks for the comments.. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

7. chickenman26 Jul 18, 2015

No. Only on the clasp.

8. Mikeh Jul 18, 2015

Great... Thanks

9. marked Jul 24, 2015

That watch looks totally legit! Beautiful too!

Thanks for sharing and stop worrying and start enjoying that beauty! Post some pics of it in action.

jflores likes this.
  10. WatchVaultNYC Jul 24, 2015

Hard to fake the 8500 movement..

11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 24, 2015

One other way to tell is if you can quick set the hour hands. With the crown pulled out, you should be able to rotate the crown and have the hour hand skip each hour.

12. jflores Jul 25, 2015

@marked
    Great choice, I threw an Omega NATO on mine. The bracelet having the polished center links is very high maintainence but beautiful. image.jpg

Buckeyes#1 and Gderrico like this.
  13. fskywalker Jul 28, 2015

looks legit to me. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

14. OMEGA8605 Aug 5, 2015

Yeah that's the real deal. Like others have said it's hard to replicate the 8500 movement. You should also be able to match up the serial number on the case to the number inscribed on the movement.

15. Serge Sep 15, 2015

Looks real to me!

16. falcon4311 Sep 15, 2015

Wow, I like that green sweep hand, it looks great!

17. Rushofadrenalyn Sep 24, 2015

It is the most high maintenance watch I own. But gets noticed everywhere. I'm actually looking to sell it

image.jpg
    tboyson likes this.
  18. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Sep 25, 2015

It's real, and Shark tested and approved.

shark.jpg

jflores and tpatta like this.