New Omega Museum Collection Beijing Winter Olympics 2022 watch

omega-specialities-olympic-games-collection-52252392104001-1-product-zoom.png

omega-specialities-olympic-games-collection-52252392104001-2-product-zoom.png

It has the manual wind 8927 movement.

Nice and simple. What if they made the writing on the back backwards, so the impression it leaves on your wrist could be read when you take the watch off?

…note that this is a “numbered edition, and not a “limited edition”.
Interesting to see that this confirms the trend already observed with the Snoopy…

Would that be an enamel dial?
I guess they would mark the dial as “email” if that would be the case… but valid question.

Is that dial based on any specific current or past Omega model? Blued hands and the open 9 are really appealing.

Waste of a good dial out of the back catalogue IMHO....what on earth is the association to the Winter Olympics?

Would be better without the caseback….

It needs a caseback, I guess… otherwise water and dust would get in the watch 😒😁

Nice looking watch, but the first thing I’d do is change the strap — that sporty, two-stitch strap looks out of place on that watch. I’d go with a black croc/alligator.

Omega really needs to get over the two-stitch strap thing.

Curious. I don't see this watch on the US site. I see other Beijing 2022 watches, but not this. Perhaps my search skills are in need of improving. Or is this not available worldwide? The reason behind the numbered edition?

Curious. I don't see this watch on the US site. I see other Beijing 2022 watches, but not this. Perhaps my search skills are in need of improving. Or is this not available worldwide? The reason behind the numbered edition?

Considering the fact that this piece only appears on the Chinese website, this might be for the local market only.

Considering the fact that this piece only appears on the Chinese website, this might be for the local market only.

Yet another reason to revisit Beijing! (Unfortunately, not till this virus crap settles down.)

I wish it just had the Beijing character without the "Beijing 2020" on the caseback. But I love Sedna and this white dial with blued hands. Not crazy about the font style but it is the Seamaster 300 so I guess stuck with that font. Also wish it didn't have all the outer tracks. But the case shape and material make it worth thinking about buying, if I could.

What's the price?

Yet another reason to revisit Beijing! (Unfortunately, not till this virus crap settles down.)

I wish it just had the Beijing character without the "Beijing 2020" on the caseback. But I love Sedna and this white dial with blued hands. Not crazy about the font style but it is the Seamaster 300 so I guess stuck with that font. Also wish it didn't have all the outer tracks. But the case shape and material make it worth thinking about buying, if I could.

What's the price?

22.000 USD

IMHO, the hands are nice and the case and back is OK. The dial though is a mess. I'd have erased the inner single line track and the middle rail track. They serve no purpose apart from cluttering up the dial. That would allow the numbers to be moved closer to the outer rail track (which at least has a modicum of utility) and also allow for a full set of numbers (less 6).

A swing and a miss from me - especially at $22k 😒