Forums Latest Members
  1. metal Dec 20, 2018

Hey all,

My interest in watches began a little over 20 years ago when I bought a Swiss Army (now Victorinox) officer's field watch for my 26th birthday. I wore it every day until about 5 years ago when my father gave me an Eterna-powered Porsche 911 watch. This watch is too sentimental for me to wear so I went to see what other watches were out there. There were a lot :) Today my collection has grown to a Citizen diver, Casio Edifice, an elegant cheapo Skagen, a Zodiac V-WOLF, a Timex Ironman (perfect for the gym!), and a Lum-Tec (which I'm looking to sell as it's too big for me).

So what brings me to the Omega forums? I've been looking for a more upscale watch but one that keeps its dimensions in check. Today's trend is to wear a dinner plate on one's wrist but it's not something I'm into it. Having searched for "thin diver watches" I stumbled upon a certain Omega model that caught my eye. Much research and reading later, I found a very clean specimen at a great price. It's on the way to me now.

See if you can guess what it is ;)

incoming.png

Cheers!
    metal

pault8084 and Jones in LA like this.
  2. 89-0 Dec 20, 2018

Is it a Rouchefoucauld World Complication?

3. jimmyd13 Dec 20, 2018

It clearly says it's an lanoissefroP retsamaeS agemO ::facepalm2::

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 20, 2018

Clearly it's a Seamaster Professional chronometer. I'm hoping it has the wave, electric blue dial and polished steel bezel :)

By the way, a simultaneous welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the new Seamaster!

5. cgaites Dec 20, 2018

From the bracelet, I'm going to say its a Seamaster 2254.50. If so, awesome.

6. FREDMAYCOIN Dec 20, 2018

Let’s see, what omega has a helium scape valve at the 10 o’clock position. Hmmm

7. metal Dec 20, 2018

So close! You're off by one digit. Easy mistake since they're identical from the underside. It's a 2264.50.

8. cgaites Dec 20, 2018

Still awesome. Seems like prices on these keep creeping up. Good to snag one now.

9. metal Dec 20, 2018

Thank you. Yeah prices are already insane on these. The truly nice ones are deep in to $2k territory and that's bonkers for a quartz. I think I was quite lucky to snag this one for a significant discount. Hopefully its condition lives up to the pics.