Forums Latest Members

New Omega buyer, Could use help

1. NickM Aug 5, 2015

So, I am in the market to buy a used Omega. I got an X-33 as a gift and have been hooked on watches, but as a lowly college student I am on a budget. I have had my eye on the Speedmaster 3511.80. I love the way the blue dial looks. I found this and can get it for $1,899. I'm not sure what exactly to look for when getting a used watch, and the only thing that I've notices is some of the numbers on the bezel are losing/missing their filling paint. Is this significant or can I have it repaired if I purchase this? The $1,899 offer is good for 24 hours.

This is the watch: http://www.watchvaultnyc.com/Omega-Speedmaster-Date-351180_p_145.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Aug 6, 2015

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 6, 2015

Second that, and a nice auto.

I hope @Mad Dog doesn't see the avatar.

It'll probably turn into a rotorhead love-in!

;)

Mad Dog likes this.
  4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 6, 2015

This is a great watch. I presume you have some familiarity with the Omega name and the durability, reliability, accuracy, and serviceability of the movement (base caliber 7750, one of my favorites).
    The seller is completely trustworthy from what I have read. It looks to be in great shape. Yes the paint can be restored on the bezel but you'll need to search for the method (and you may search for the technique as performed on a Rolex Daytona, same method).
    The price seems right given the watch, it's condition, and the strength (peace of mind) with the seller.
    Good luck with your decision, and keep us posted!

5. NickM Aug 6, 2015

Thanks guys. I had no doubts about the authenticity, just wasn't sure about the watch. I'm going to bite, hope It gets here fast! It'll go nice with my skywalker.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 6, 2015

They're a very good strong and reliable watch these, also tend to be quite accurate. If you're wanting an automatic Speedmaster its one of the best options.

Time Exposure likes this.