Forums Latest Members

New Omega (AD) 3603 movement-Disappointed!

1. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

Purchased my Speedmaster Solar Impulse from an AD less than two weeks ago, and while looking at it last night was dismayed to see the minute chronograph hand (in the 30-minute dial) sticking at 28 minutes. I reset the stop watch functions twice and did the same thing. On the third time, the dial finally went past 28 and has been functioning well...so far.

What gives, Omega???

Never had any problems with my hand-wound Rolex and automatic Rolex watches, although none of them are Daytonas. The Daytona is somewhat small for my wrist--which is why I went with the 44.25mm Speedmaster.

My confidence in Omega is starting to dwindle. The watch will probably go to Omega for warranty work.

Sticking at 28 min.jpg

2. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 7, 2015

Just take it back to the AD I'm sure it will be fixed under warranty, no fuss, no drama these things happen sometimes.

VetPsychWars likes this.
  3. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

Will do. Just venting. Thanks.

4. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 7, 2015

Don't worry too much I had two problem omegas on the bounce about fourteen years ago and I got really poor service from omega with one of them. I leaned on them pretty hard and they saw the gravity of the situation and upgraded me big time. I've just bought the sm300 master coaxial and there quality control is through the roof now and I have no doubts if I did have a problem they would sort it with a magic wand.

5. alam May 7, 2015

There are plenty good, but none perfect, man-made mechanical gadgets out there... however, an OEM warranty in effect is definitely a good thing :)

6. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

Thanks. Going with an AD costs slightly more than going gray market but played it safe so an OEM warranty would warrant it (pun intended ;)).

Would it be better to go to Omega directly since their U.S. HQ is in this city (Culver City, CA) instead of the AD?

Edited May 7, 2015
  7. alam May 7, 2015

I'd place the burden on the AD....

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 7, 2015

Given that model came out in 2009 its possible that its been sitting at the AD for a very long period of time, I know a local AD here had a BNIB Gemini IV in 2013 which had been in the case for over 7 years.

9. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

AD it is. Thanks.

10. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

I thought of that too. Although I waited a whole month for it (placed a deposit) as the AD had to place a special order for it. It also appears to have a newer serial number 786XXXXXX. Thanks.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 7, 2015

My Gemini IV's serial number is 77M and its from 2005, that's a pretty old serial, you sure its not 87M?

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 7, 2015

Just recently in heard from a friend that got a brand new rolex gmt and had an issue of the bat that needed to be fixed under warranty by RSC.

It's always disappointing when you're the lucky winner but it happens to all brands...what's why they issue warranties.

On the positive side when you get it back you'll have a unit that has undergone a lot of personal attention and testing

13. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

Liking that option more & more...

14. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

That's correct (786...). Since it first came out in 2009 it appears Omega either does not use numbers sequentially or they reserve certain numbers for "limited editions". Numbers I've seen on the web start at around 782-784 for supposedly new watches. Would anyone know how Omega use their SN's?

Edited May 7, 2015
  15. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 7, 2015

77 mill started from 2000's. It should be 778 779 or 78 something for the most recent

16. Slipstreamer May 7, 2015

Good to know. Thanks.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

17. Slipstreamer May 14, 2015

BTW it appears that the date wheel appears to have different font from the 24 (albeit alternating) font as compared to several I have seen on the web. When I spoke with an Omega service rep and requested the date wheel changed to the correct font, he told me that they cannot change the date wheel unless it is defective. Is that what the watch designer told their watchmakers to do?

"Did you run out of the [e.g. "Times New Roman"] font for the date wheel of that watch? Well, just use another one that fits"

:eek: ::facepalm1::

18. threeputtbogey May 15, 2015

That is upsetting.

19. Slipstreamer May 19, 2015

Good news! After going to Omega, they will change the date wheel to the correct date wheel font. Yay! :thumbsup:

20. LastMan May 23, 2015

I had a problem with an old Speedmaster once when the big chronbo hand flew off when resetting :(
    Having said that a friend had an Audemars Piguet bracelet just come off by it's own accord and his watch landed in the ocean!