Forums Latest Members

New Moon Watch hand alignment question

1. jlskmi Jul 31, 2019

Hi all,

Just picked up a new Moon Watch from the Boutique last night and just noticed the chrono second hand will not reset to the middle of "12" . Being OCD about that kind of thing I'm going to take it back to be fixed. Does anyone know what is involved? Will it have to be sent out? I have a 60th and the hand is dead on. IMG_6133.jpg

2. JeremyS Jul 31, 2019

Most likely, they will send it in for a full service. Details might be sparse, because whatever Omega decides to do with it will be covered by warranty. Less likely--but perhaps possible--they may offer to exchange it. Never hurts to ask. If they send it off, you can expect at least a month wait or so. Any watchmakers would probably be able to tell you the exact cause, but Omega is going to follow their playbook in terms of how they address the same.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 31, 2019

Probably not a full service, just a quick hand re-align.

4. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jul 31, 2019

5. Evitzee Jul 31, 2019

A few years ago I bought a brand new Glashutte Original and about a week later I noticed the bezel was loose and was separating from the center of the case. It needed to be reset and press fitted into place. Sent it to Swatch Service in NJ and I had it back in about 10 days, they turn around these easy fixes on new watches pretty quickly. They won't do anything to the movement, just reset the hand to line up better. Looking at your watch it appears the hand is off by one mark, about 1.2 degrees. It's out of spec, just. Before you send it in run the chrono and reset it a few times both before and after the 30 second mark just to verify that it is consistently off, sometimes they will reset exactly and sometimes just a little bit off.

Edited Jul 31, 2019
  6. jlskmi Jul 31, 2019

Spoke to Boutique, it has to go out. It's a bummer but it would drive me nuts if I didn't get it addressed. Thx for replies. I have tied running it several times and it still resets to the same spot. The gap is most noticeable when you stop the hand exactly in the center and then hit reset. It jumps a click to the right.