Nice watches
    It is a bit pricey at $14k (green/grey) and $10k (blue) USD

At 44mm they are large watches

Huge size difference compared to my Rolex Daytona ceramic

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.jpg

SpeedyD, Riviera Paradise and Alex_TA like this.
  2. jsg1976 Mar 14, 2017

I've got the same problem with the new black and orange racing dial speedy they're releasing at Basel 2017. I have big wrists, and 44.25mm is just too big (even if it is ("slightly thinner" than the other versions). I think this would be a killer watch at 42mm.

IMG_0835.JPG

3. Riviera Paradise Mar 14, 2017

@BruceTheManLee thanks for posting that Daytona comparison shot:thumbsup:

Ref the racing model @jsg1976 I think the big difference is that it will be a sporty chronograph, whilst the moonphase on a leather strap does look beautiful but very dressy. The black dial SS moonphase on a steel bracelet does look sporty though.

So similar to the DSOTM range, I do think Omega can get away with 44mm watches if they are essentially sporty models ("competing" with wrist space for Panerais, Explorer 2s etc) but a dressy two tone moonphase at 44mm it is way too much bling for me, even though they are beautiful watches.

The big advantage of the white dial ceramic Daytona is that it can be dressed up and down more effectively. From the watchbase posts I do think Omega are going to launch several variations of the "racing" model. Right now, it does seem to be the best value proposition of the Omega modern chronograph line-up...it will be interesting to see if it hurts retail sales of the DSOTM line-up.

Edited Mar 14, 2017
  4. shichinin Mar 14, 2017

Even though the watch is big for me, that moonphase looks stunning.

5. nima0071 Mar 14, 2017

your Daytona looks the best out of all those.

U5512, roryoc11 and BruceTheManLee like this.
  6. nygiants Mar 14, 2017

I would agree...Blue speedmaster moonphase looks great...That white ceramic daytona looks stunning...But the black ceramic would be runner up to the Omega

BruceTheManLee likes this.
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2017

The blue dial version is awesome, makes me miss my Gemini IV :(

jcs2000 likes this.
  8. Shibata Mar 14, 2017

I tried on the blue moonphase at the Omega Boutique in NYC. It really is a beautiful watch. I am usually not for anything above 42mm, but this seemed very wearable on my 7" wrist.

9. brunik Mar 14, 2017

Like it!!!!

10. listy Mar 17, 2017

11. omegaemu Mar 18, 2017

I love the blue and the whole look of it with the blue strap, I would rather metal than leather, but they only do it in black and a black bezel. It don't look half as beautiful like the blue one. Not sure how they will hold value in the future?

12. Jaacck Mar 18, 2017

why do they make them so big? If they just made them the size of a normal speedy they would sell far more watches. Surely they can engineer the movement into a thinner case? Just my two cents

billyblue, R3D9 and EatMan like this.
  13. VicLeChic Apr 13, 2017

Why oh why will they not publish the thickness of this watch on their website? What's the point of having a technical data section in the first place? Annoying.

14. bgrisso Apr 13, 2017

If you think these are too big on the diameter, have a look at the cross section! lol
    I suspect that's why they do not post the thickness on the website.....

15. Smspectre Apr 13, 2017

Nothing wrong with the size of the watch. Perfect for my wrist. We need a variety of sizes for a variety of people.
    The smallest I ware is the ck2998 slightly small but still looks good and the largest is a hublot Big Bang F1.
    Surely it's personal taste not the wrong size watch.
    Just my thoughts. Lol

TDBK and repoman like this.
  16. Remus Apr 19, 2017

Im pretty new to this and only just joined the forum so hope following the rules. Having just sold my Quartz Seamaster Professional really wanting a new real watch like a Moonphase or possibly the new Racing when it is released in July. Thinking of Black and stainless bracelet with either. I have in my mind that I want a new one and one that has not been on display or handled and tried on by other people. Probably silly of me but that something I would like. Goodness UK prices steep but will get a Moonphase in London somewhere tomorrow if I can find one still boxed up! Does anyone recommend anywhere in particular?

17. VicLeChic Apr 19, 2017

The Racing is definately on my radar, especially the grey dial with white hour-minute-second hands and orange chrono hands. A bit big but I might do an exception depending on how it looks in the metal on my small 17cm/6.7in wrist. Very excited about this model close to the true racing nature of the Speedy.
    tapatalk_1492276372098.png

18. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 19, 2017

Love the blue dial ...44mm !!!!!!!! Sorry even with my 195mm wrist ... too dammed big.

19. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 19, 2017

This one Ash?
    IMG_1300.JPG

Taddyangle likes this.
  20. Remus Apr 20, 2017

Well today I went and got an impulse Speedmaster Moonphase in black wth steel bracelet. Watches-of-Switzerland in Regent Street London. Great experience. Very happy!!

SpeedyD likes this.