Forums Latest Members
  1. Commander D May 16, 2012

I have been browsing your forum for the past week and have felt compelled to join. It is particularly well presented and a credit to the both the members & moderators.
    Anyway while I am quite a novice to the field and admittedly only posses one Omega, the Seamaster worn by Brosnan in Bond (25318000), my interest in watches is something I intend to pursue more in the coming months, finance depending.
    I am currently debating whether to start saving for a planet ocean (29015091) or simply to update the strap on my current model. Any suggestions you may have about this would be welcome.
    Looking forward to many more hours of envy viewing the posts of other members spectacular watch collections....

2. ulackfocus May 16, 2012

Welcome! A change of strap is good once in a while. It will give a whole new look to your watch. But if you're infected with the watch bug it's only a temporary fix.

3. Steve May 16, 2012

Welcome. You can't go wrong with a PO, but already owning a Seamaster you should take a look at the Speedmaster range. :thumbsup:

4. Commander D May 16, 2012

Yes I've always had a penchant for the Speedmaster 'moon watch' alright. I find the story behind it fascinating...although herself says that I am just particularly susceptible to marketing. :)

5. Steve May 16, 2012

I think it's more to do with boyhood dreams rather than marketing. As you say the story is fascinating, 'The first watch worn on the Moon'. No amount of marketing could improve on such a historic moment in time. ;)

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 16, 2012

Rather than straps, have a look at the Omega vintage Mesh bracelet, you can buy the 20mm version and it will fit anything from the Bond to the PO to the Speedmaster Pro, its one of the most iconic bracelet designs of the 70s and something that has remained a mainstay of Omega divers, great option to have when you need a change.