Forums Latest Members
  1. pixnw Nov 17, 2016

New member here, though I've been enjoying reading these forums for a while. Haven't owned an Omega for many years but recently purchased a new SMPc.

I'm very happy with the watch. For my sense of taste and style it's the perfect balance of being pleasing without too much bling. It's obviously a high quality timepiece and the feel, function and appearance say understated elegance to me. I just ordered the micro adjustable clasp for it.

Looking forward to years of enjoyment.

mattonthewater and Jones in LA like this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Nov 17, 2016

Welcome to the Forum @pixnw ! And congratulations on your recent acquisition. So, did you go for Black or Blue?

ps: be prepared for fellow Forum members to pester you for photos :)

3. Finrod Felagund Nov 17, 2016

Welcome!

SMP is a great beginning!

BTW you'll better get an avatar quickly before someone else take care for you :D

4. pixnw Nov 17, 2016

Thanks for the welcome. I went for black.

I will work on an avatar soon and try to get at least a cell phone pic. Though I have quite a few watches I typically wear in rotation I was wanting to get more of a daily wear watch to wear the majority of the time, which is what the SMPc is for. I think it's going to work out perfectly in that role.

Jones in LA likes this.
  5. meganfox17 Nov 17, 2016

Kudos to you for getting the SMP300c NoiRe. Now create your very special Avatar soon otherwise meganfox17 will fabricate 0ne 4U[emoji66] [​IMG]

kkt, Jones in LA and Finrod Felagund like this.
  6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Nov 17, 2016

Welcome aboard. Better show some pics or the watch doesn't exist. :D

7. pixnw Nov 18, 2016

I just tried posting a couple of pics but them must have been too large of files. I will downsize them a bit later and try again.

8. SmokyT Nov 18, 2016

Welcome from another (relatively new) member!
    I also have a SMP (blue dial, mid size quartz) that bought years ago as my everyday watch and my first Omega. I really like the simplicity of the SMP - easy to read, robust, very functional and nice Bond bracelet. Just a good quality timepiece.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 18, 2016

Did someone delete all the pics of the watch?

10. Collectionist Nov 18, 2016

New member too! And yes a new Black SMPC (2014) to kick off my Omega collection.
    [​IMG]Why the Seamaster Professional Chronograph and not a Speedmaster you may think?
    Well the speedy simply is too utilitarian, too much of the same markers (little white lines everywhere). While I can appreciate this classic beauty it does not offer up enough eye candy, also the bracelet on the Seamaster (Bond style I believe it is called ) is just quintessentially Omega to me. I may have seen it too many times over the years.
    What kept me from buying the Speedmaster is the fact that I keep selling my Seiko homages to this design, the 7A38 and whatnot, for being too austere. But believe me, it took quite a while to reach this decision. Omega has such strong design families (Constellation, Deville, Geneve) and so many competitors like (to me) Seiko, Grand Seiko, Ball, Rolex, which are huge and steeped in history themselves so that Omega may seem just another high end brand. And of course, it is. But it nevertheless is worthy to add to the collection. Finally (although I did trade in my Rolex Air King...).
    [​IMG]

Edited Nov 18, 2016
    SmokyT likes this.