Forums Latest Members
  1. ioaniro Aug 12, 2016

Hello all,

I've been reading this recently more than I should and signed up finally. No Omega's here yet but I think that this fault will soon be corrected when the right one comes along. Currently living in Bern, Switzerland so quite close (half an hour ride) to the factory. Anyone that can share tips on how to break in? :)
    Anyway, for now just wanted to say hello and thank you for a great forum with tons of info. I'm not educated enough to have questions that are not answered already in old posts but hopefully that time will come. And when that time will come it will probably be another speedy thread...

Ioan.

PS
    At the moment high on my list are.. ok the "normal" speedy pro (of course) along with the numbered edition of the first omega in space (the black faced one not the white/blue). From unavailable watches of course I will have to have at some point a snoopy edition (if the internet ever calms down with the price at least on the older model) and for some reason I really like the apollo 11 45th anniversary.

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2016

Have you been to the factory? If not you really should go and tour the Museum.

3. CrisROSE Aug 12, 2016

Hello!

I went for Speedy MkII for my first Omega, My budget was £1100, and I really love the Speedy Pro, so this was as close as I could get :)

I'm glad that I got one with the same dial and movement, and didn't go for a Speedmaster Reduced, but i'd still love a Pro.

I hope you find the ideal one for you!

4. ioaniro Aug 12, 2016

I didn't set a budget yet, going for the coup de foudre and hope it won't ruin me. And yes I have already visited the museum, is really worth a visit if you're in the neighbourhood.

5. Clibka Aug 21, 2016

Welcome Ioan, nice helpful guys here. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 22, 2016

Welcome! The FOIS is definately the most interesting of your list ( to me) stick around here for a bit and you may find someone to source one for you.