Forums Latest Members
  1. ViaAppia Apr 24, 2016

Just saying hello to all. I've been a follower of the forum for quite a few years now for both watch information and inspiration, probably never joined due to the simple fact that everybody's watches on here kicked the crap out of mine but I've realized my collection will never match some of the guys on here so might as well take the plunge.

Anyway, I'm a big vintage Omega fan, I tend to like the rough stuff, battered and abused watches that need some love. They just make me happier when I look down at my wrist and see what they've become from what they were. I do collect pristine vintage Omegas as well, but no matter how beautiful they are I always end up selling them because they lack that ugly duck to swan feeling for me.

Look forward to being part of the thread, learning, and sharing the process

ahartfie, jimmyjay, Garv and 2 others like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 24, 2016

Welcome, we like the good, the bad and the ugly so feel free to show a few pic,s of your so called rough stuff.

This is your very own thread now so let's have them..

3. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Apr 24, 2016

Welcome. As you probably have notices, pics are always welcome around here.

4. ViaAppia Apr 24, 2016

Here's two from my collection currently (will be adding more pictures of others as well as starting project threads to share the joy of the process)

The Constellation was an intact buy, how you see it is how it came, probably will replace the crown and that's it. The Seamaster was actually my first Omega and an aesthetic disaster. I thought it was going to be my only Omega, so I don't have before pics, but the process on this one got me hooked. The dial was basically wiped from who knows what, but the movement was pristine and the case in good condition. Had it redialed by an art friend of mine who wanted to have a go at it (hence why it's not the best redial), but I still love it to death. Will replace the crown eventually and just marvel at how far it's come.

IMG_2079.JPG IMG_2071.JPG IMG_2062.JPG IMG_2077.JPG

5. ViaAppia Apr 24, 2016

I've got a white gold arrowhead connie ref 2852 coming in the mail tomorrow that will need some love so that will be my first project on the forum :)

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 24, 2016

Nice Connie mate they're a great comfortable daily wear piece on beads of rice bracelet :thumbsup:

ViaAppia likes this.
  7. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 24, 2016

your O's are nothing to sneeze at :thumbsup:

welcome!

ViaAppia likes this.