Forums Latest Members
  1. peep Jun 9, 2015

Hi there --
    I am a long time lover of Omegas and a new member so I wanted to say hello (hello!) and that I have been reading your forum for all most a year now....some might call that stalking...I like to say it was educating... :)

I sadly do not own one...yet....but have been watching this one ( i do love the DeVille) and am thinking that this one may be the one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200693787858?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

So i guess my question is - is there any way to check its legit? I have tried to search for that number on the back and cant find anything on it...

thanks so much !

2. Fretworker Jun 9, 2015

Hi peep from England , welcome to the forum, good luck with that first Omega, but be prepared - it may not be your last

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 9, 2015

Beautiful watch. The dial looks good to me but there are some experts here that can really spot details beyond most mortals awareness. The case back however does not quite look right to me. Not only it seems a different steel altogether I am not sure the waterproof legend has any place on this model.

If you have the time clip some of those pictures and post them in the thread so people can give you more in depth analysis.

And welcome tot he forum...

Oh, and see if you can get a shot of the movement from the seller!

4. peep Jun 9, 2015

thank you for the warm welcome -- and yes Nobel...the back doesn't look....right?

anyway -- here are the pictures - (i hope they come through!)
    upload_2015-6-9_16-41-54.png

5. Lulu Bear Jun 10, 2015

Hi Peep

Welcome! I'm also a new member so not qualified to comment on the watch.

What I would say, though, is I recently bought my own De Ville recently, very similar to yours, and it was for a lot less than the price being quoted. Also, you have to remember to factor in import duty when buying from the US.

Cheers

peep likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 10, 2015

Peep,

I think maybe the post is not being noticed because if the title. Amend the title to say "New Member, please help evaluate this De Ville" or something like that so it will catch the attention of the evaluating force. I am curious myself as to what the consensus will be.

peep and Lulu Bear like this.
  7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 10, 2015

peep likes this.
  8. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jun 12, 2015

Good looking watch but for that price I would want to see photos of a serviced movement. I like your profile picture! I expected a marshmellow peep to replace that questionmark, but not one so fun.

peep likes this.
  9. peep Jun 12, 2015

thank you everyone !! I have loved Omega's for a long time. My dad wore one and sadly it was lost when we lost him so I am eager to learn and with that knowledge, be able to buy my first one for me ! (bough one for hubby, looking for FIL...it should be me soon, right?)

With the comments above and the gut feeling I have, I am going to pass on the above....plus, after that AT (Aqua terra, right??) post from earlier today, I just might have to convert my loyalties !!! :)

Giff2577 likes this.
  10. OmegaSean Jun 12, 2015

11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 21, 2015

Sorry, Austin Kaye is one of the last places in the UK I'd recommend. Overpriced, over polished second rate pieces are their speciality. You're better off going to the Uxbridge and Birmingham watch fairs.