Forums Latest Members
  1. stvncao Apr 25, 2017

Hello everyone. I've been in the market for a Omega Cosmic and after reading the forums have been quite scared of purchasing a counterfeit or refurbished/redialed watch.

I am currently looking into purchasing the following watch: http://imgur.com/a/6ZIcH and would like to get your opinions.

The seller says that everything is original and was serviced in Q4 2016.

Thanks.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 25, 2017

What is your opinion, based on your research?

3. U5512 Apr 25, 2017

Watch looks good to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. stvncao Apr 25, 2017

Based on the dial it appears to be authentic and not refurbished when comparing other blue dials on the internet.

The lettering seems consistent on the dial and there doesnt appear to many fake Cosmic as far as I can tell. A search of counterfeits on the site and the huge post on this forum shows that most of the fakes are Constellations or Seamaster as being the most common... however can never be too sure.

efauser likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 25, 2017

Not a bad assessment.

This particular design would be more difficult to fake due to the distinct style of the case. This also makes it less likely to have been tinkered with by amateurs or incompetents as getting inside the watch requires knowledge, correct tools and skill.

Your example looks good to me but the date wheel is out of alignment so you should certainly factor in another servicing when you get it (or get the seller to rectify the issue).

PS: Unless the seller can provide valid documentary evidence of a servicing by an appropriately qualified watchmaker, the "recently serviced" means very little ("squat" as our American Cousins like to say).

ahartfie likes this.
  6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 25, 2017

This cousin prefers "It don't mean shit!"

ahartfie likes this.