New Member....Warranty Card questions!

Hi all, new member. Just pulled the trigger on my "bucket list" watch. Very excited but a little apprehensive...Purchased a new/unworn piece from TWC (Japan). I understand the warranty card will be dated as of today (Oct 24/21) purchase date and that TWC will stamp the warranty card as the "seller". I live in Vancouver, BC and am worried/concerned that the International Warranty Card wont be accepted as TWC isn't an AD.. I am willing to accept this potential given the great price I paid...but should one expect the watch to perform without any significant issues? Has anyone (in Canada) been able to use the International Warranty Card from a non AD seller? omega-planet-ocean-gmt-black-dial-rubber-strap-mens-watch-23232442201002.jpg

If TWC stamped the card, then they must be an AD (or at least a former AD). In that case, there will be no problem, even for a warranty claim in Canada for a Japanese-based seller. That’s why it’s called an “international” warranty.

If TWC stamped the card, then they must be an AD (or at least a former AD). In that case, there will be no problem, even for a warranty claim in Canada for a Japanese-based seller. That’s why it’s called an “international” warranty.

TWC purchased the watch from an official AD…so I believe they are considered a “re-seller”?

If they are not an AD, then you won’t have a warranty.

If they are not an AD, then you won’t have a warranty.
So the fact they say it comes with an International Warranty basically means nothing I guess…
I will keep my fingers crossed and hope this purchase doesn’t bite me in the a**..
If anyone has comments good or bad about this watch I purchased and or dealings with TWC it would be greatly appreciated
Edited:

The one time I bought from a grey market seller I made sure to get confirmed by them that the card was stamped by the original AD.

The one time I bought from a grey market seller I made sure to get confirmed by them that the card was stamped by the original AD.

Unfortunately not an option for me in this instance. I’m hoping my research and the general quality of the Omega brand will provide me with worry free ownership

Unfortunately not an option for me in this instance. I’m hoping my research and the general quality of the Omega brand will provide me with worry free ownership

Well, it’s a decision you have to make if you are going to forgo the warranty in order to save money on the purchase. If the discount you are getting more than covers the cost of getting a full service done, then you should be fine.

Well, it’s a decision you have to make if you are going to forgo the warranty in order to save money on the purchase. If the discount you are getting more than covers the cost of getting a full service done, then you should be fine.

Thanks, I am not sure locally (Vancouver) what a full service even costs?
I am hoping that the very few AD’s here would take my money and service- even if it’s not an AD purchase
I have never bought grey market before nor spent this type of money-just got the jitters I guess

I am hoping that the very few AD’s here would take my money and service- even if it’s not an AD purchase
No problem, they are in the money taking business.::rimshot::

Thanks, I am not sure locally (Vancouver) what a full service even costs?
I have never bought grey market before nor spent this type of money-just got the jitters I guess

Look at the Omega web site. Servicing costs are listed there...

Thank You for your help
Was hoping my “bucket list” purchase would have been more stress free
I’m normally conservative and require a warranty for expensive items- but this time I thought I’d go for savings-as most owners said Omegas are dead reliable

Thank You for your help
Was hoping my “bucket list” purchase would have been more stress free
I’m normally conservative and require a warranty for expensive items- but this time I thought I’d go for savings-as most owners said Omegas are dead reliable
And that can be a rational choice. Most consumer items won't require warranty service, but a certain percentage will. Most likely you won't need any service on your watch, in which case you win. If it does break and you have to pay for it you aren't any worse off than if you had bought from a local AD in Canada. Don't let a lack of Omega warranty color your enjoyment of your new watch. Just strap it on and enjoy it.

Are you sure the stamping of the card is not a lost in translation issue?

And that can be a rational choice. Most consumer items won't require warranty service, but a certain percentage will. Most likely you won't need any service on your watch, in which case you win. If it does break and you have to pay for it you aren't any worse off than if you had bought from a local AD in Canada. Don't let a lack of Omega warranty color your enjoyment of your new watch. Just strap it on and enjoy.

Thank You I will enjoy it, I’ve worked hard to save for this piece. Full service calculated at $680 on Omega website- which is perfectly reasonable
Thanks for you advice
I feel much better
Cheers

Are you sure the stamping of the card is not a lost in translation issue?

No, corresponding with TWC pretty clear. Watch purchased from an AD. TWC will date Oct 24/21 and stamp “TWC” as the seller.

If TWC just purchased the watch from an AD recently, I think you'll be fine regardless of what the stamp on the card itself says. My recent purchase from an OB didnt have a stamp on the warranty card and I confirmed with them that stamps arent necessary anymore because warranties are activated/recorded digitally. Although I'm not sure if Japan is on the same system, I would guess they are.

If TWC just purchased the watch from an AD recently, I think you'll be fine regardless of what the stamp on the card itself says. My recent purchase from an OB didnt have a stamp on the warranty card and I confirmed with them that stamps arent necessary anymore because warranties are activated/recorded digitally. Although I'm not sure if Japan is on the same system, I would guess they are.

Thanks for reply, that would be a pleasant surprise

Hi.

I have a question regarding this Internation Warranty Card.

Does anyone know what the "SJI-L" for Jeweller stand for?

Thanks.

da15da0f-8822-441b-881f-369d0cfb11b4.JPG