Forums Latest Members
  1. bristnj Apr 4, 2015

I'm new to this forum, although active on others (mostly OTD to this point). I use the same username (bristnj) for my accounts as well as selling and buying on eBay. I collect, buy, restore (via my watchmaker) and sell mostly vintage chronographs from the late 60's & early 70's. These include Omega, Heuer, Hamilton, Breitling and a variety of others.

I enjoy the experience of learning about vintage pieces, and exchanging knowledge, ideas and of course new finds. I recently acquired a piece that I have been wanting for sometime. An Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer Ref. 145.016. Its in absolutely beautiful shape and as far as I can tell, is mostly to all original . The S/N on the movement dates it at 1970. I thought it was a good way to introduce myself to this group, and share this exciting personal find for me. Thanks for taking the time to look. I am looking forward to contributing more actively.

Regards - Jeff

[​IMG]

marturx, rogart, watchme and 7 others like this.
  2. erpin9 Apr 4, 2015

Welcome and nice watch.

bristnj likes this.
  3. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 4, 2015

nice find! Welcome

bristnj likes this.
  4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Apr 5, 2015

Welcome bristnj. There's a few of us on here with Soccer Timers.

It is interesting to see the slight variations in the models, such as the reversal of the hand colouration when compared to the 145.020 as well as the major ones like the tachy ring.
    Without Creep.jpg

bristnj and bieb1 like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Nice example of a 145.016, I'd consider that a nice pickup indeed. Do make sure to get it serviced before use but that's good clean dial and the handset are quite attractive too as is the case.

bristnj likes this.
  6. bieb1 Apr 5, 2015

Welcome Bristnj, that is a very nice addition to your collection. I would love to see some more of your vintage chronographs. Mine says hello.
    image.jpg

bristnj likes this.
  7. KIMBER Apr 5, 2015

Nice find. I hope you enjoy your stay. Welcome!

bristnj likes this.
  8. justwatching Apr 5, 2015

Nice! Why is it called soccer time?

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Notice the minute recorder has a 45 at the bottom, and a bracket showing the last 5 minutes, that's to show the end of a period of play

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

Also being a chronograph the referee can stop time easily on his watch for injuries or whatever and resume as needed ensuring the 45 minutes of play is timed accurately.

11. justwatching Apr 5, 2015

Thanks for the info! I learn something everyday in this forum.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2015

It sounds kind of silly really these days having to have something like this but in the pre-quartz era there was no really easy way for a referee of a match to call time on and off at his discretion and keep accurate game time while doing it, so in 1968 it would have been a useful thing to have right there on his wrist as opposed to a clumsy stopwatch chronograph.

13. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Apr 5, 2015

Theres a ref i wasnt even aware existed ...

14. nima0071 Apr 5, 2015

sweet

bristnj likes this.
  15. lillatroll Apr 5, 2015

Nice watch I have the 145.008 which is more of a cousin than a brother but I would like one like yours as I don t have any watches with a white dial.

bristnj likes this.
  16. Omega78 Apr 5, 2015

very nice, love it ::love::

bristnj likes this.
  17. bristnj Apr 5, 2015

Thanks for all the nice welcome notes and of course the great shots of your Soccer Timers as well. Yes, I'll be sending mine to my watchmaker later this week. While in beautiful condition, it needs a COA and a new main spring. I can feel the current one is broken due to no resistance point. If anyone is in need of service/repair (in CONUS), I can highly and confidently recommend Richard Awiza at RA Time (www.ratime.com). He does incredible work, and especially enjoys vintage chronographs. He's working on a Wakmann for me currently that I picked-up off the bay not too long ago. I'll post some pics of the "after"when I get it back. Happy Easter and thanks again for the generous and warm welcomes. Jeff
    [​IMG]

RawArcher and bieb1 like this.
  18. RLC Apr 5, 2015

Welcome......nice S-Master.

We like 'em
    [​IMG]

Bob

UncleBuck and bristnj like this.
  19. bristnj Apr 5, 2015

WOW, looks terrific on Shark-Mesh band and really like the blue dial. Great Piece Bob! May have to steal that idea for my S-Master ;)

Norfolk likes this.
  20. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Apr 5, 2015

Welcome, Jeff, and Happy Easter to you!
    May I ask where your watchmaker is located?
    Beautiful watch, mine say's hi.

IMGP3714.JPG

TexOmega and RLC like this.