Forums Latest Members
  1. dfb Mar 20, 2013

hi, sorry if i may be posting in the wrong section. i welcome any direction. i have decided that i want to sell my seamaster, and thought i would 1. offer it here, and 2. seek advice regarding its honest/fair value here, as i suspect that this is probably the most legitimate site for omega enthusiasts. thank you, in advance, for suggestions/guidance regarding where/how to post the listing on the site. i'll try to state the initial basics, and then respond with details, in the actual listing, according to direction. again, apologies for any unintended improper protocol... i will do my best to make future listing according to direction.
    seamaster 2531.80
    seriel number 80586968
    purchased new, june '03
    what i would consider to be very good (or, perhaps, near perfect) condition... not really sure what constitutes the difference in those two designations.
    with all original packaging (manual, owner/warranty cards, white box, red box), etc.
    just received back from official full service, from omega service center, via my local omega boutique. (haven't even removed the plastic wrap, which omega service center wrapped the watch in... not sure if i should, or if it's actually more attractive to serious buyers, with that wrap, and in the (sort of an omega "eyeglasses") case, in which the omega boutique presented my newly serviced watch back to me.) of course, i also have this new omega paperwork/service warranty card.
    i'd like to make sale as comfortable and confident as possible for the buyer, as well as myself, but not sure the best way to do that, in terms of guaranteeing complete satisfaction, processing payment/shipping,etc. in short, i've never done anything like this, which is why i came here. thanks so much for kind replies.

2. Wheels Mar 21, 2013

I think best bet is to search for your watch on places like eBay. Have a look at the completed listings and pay attention to the ones with the green numbers. These are actual sales. These will give you an idea of what the market will pay for your watch.
    Have at look at the condition of the higher sold ones and see if they compare to yours. Given your recent service and all the paperwork etc you should be able to charge a higher price than an unserviced one.
    Once you've done your research, give some thought as to where you'd be happy sending the watch. I personally am not a fan of those sellers who sell CONUS or UK only. This is because I'm from Australia (as is half the forum here) and it means that I can't buy it. I sell my watches world wide, with the exception of Italy and some African countries. I don't sell pocket watches to the Ukraine :)
    Consider your payment method. Paypal works internationally and is preferred by a lot of buyers and sellers because of the built in protections. Bank wire or Western Union will turn a lot of your international buyers off.
    If you've never sold a watch before, you may have some issues providing references. Most buyers will ask you for these and you should ask for the same.
    That should be enough to get you started! Gluck ;)

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 21, 2013

Post some pics and I'll give you a ballpark, I'm familiar with the watch model its the original Bond Seamaster