Forums Latest Members
  1. ricardopalamino Oct 1, 2015

Hi All ,in this forum , like other forums , I know that the members can get tired of the same Newbie questions such as "What Year is my Omega " , " Where is my case Number " , and "What is the crystal number for my Omega" ?

So let me ask this if I may , ....Is there a tech pages , owners manual , owners guide , or reference section so I and others can look up information on Omegas ? And then possibly ask more informed Questions ?
    I took a look through the forum sections and did not come across anything like that . Any help is appreciated .

Thanks , Louis

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 1, 2015

Hi Louis,

To answer some of your questions............

You can date your Omega by the caliber serial number, e.g. one of my 30T2SCs has a serial of 10115902 which places it somewhere between 1944 and 1947.

The late Chuck Maddox was thoughtful enough to record this table.

Case Number - Is almost always shown inside the caseback and may appear as something like this "2384-2". You used to be able to use the Omega Vintage Database to find this number but now the format has changed and it's a bit more difficult to find. But explore here.

These are the two starting points, and then you can use Steve Waddingtons excellent resource here.

If you need further info, just look through the detail on this forum, or ask a a question.

Cheers

Jim

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 1, 2015

Hi,
    And welcome to the forums.
    I think the reality is many people here appreciate newbies with questions like that, so if you have them ask away.
    What gets tiresome is, I have this omega, which model is it and what's it worth? Just to make matters a little worse I can't be bothered to upload photos but it is gold says Seamaster on it and must be worth a lot more than someone with 20 years collecting experience suggests!

PatrickJ likes this.
  4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 1, 2015

Oh, and if you're not going to do the panda thing then please add an avatar

5. ricardopalamino Oct 1, 2015

Thank you for the useful info JimInOz and shaun hk....I joined late last night here in Hawaii [I had to go to bed and get up early ] , and will be adding an avatar soon . I appreciate the info . I'm pretty good with Seikos and Citizens , but Omegas are new waters for me .

6. abrod520 Oct 1, 2015

Once you dip your toe into the Omega pool, you'll quickly find you're in over your head ;) Happened to me this summer! Welcome!

efauser likes this.
  7. PatrickJ Oct 1, 2015

Take a long time before you buy. They are many joys in collecting and countless pitfalls, it is not as easy as asking is this watch on ebay a redial.

8. ricardopalamino Oct 1, 2015

Thanks for the responses guys . Is the serial # on the case back , or on the movement ?

For instance on most Seikos , there are 2 sets of numbers on the case back.... You'll see 4 digits hyphen 4digits..xxxx-xxxx which are the Caliber - Case Number , also the serial # .. 240912 ...the first 2 numbers are production year and month... 1972/April in this instance.
    . The Movement is stamped with the caliber #

DSC00006.JPG DSC00001.JPG

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 1, 2015

Serial number and movement cal number on movement
    Model number on inside caseback

10. ricardopalamino Oct 1, 2015

Model number of case on inside caseback...correct?

11. ricardopalamino Oct 3, 2015

Aloha JiminOz , I finally got the chance to check out the links you included in your post . Very interesting and useful Info here ... I will be including it in my new Omega reference folder .
    Thanks , Louis