Forums Latest Members
  1. omegamike Mar 19, 2019

Hello!
    Longtime follower of speedmasters enthusiasts RJB at Fratello and Speedmaster101, but relatively new to the forums.
    Here's my quickish story.

I'm an Industrial Designer by day. I was attracted to the Speedmaster moonwatch initially on pure aesthetics, but the moon/space story got me hooked. I also just love how under the radar Omega is - especially when I deal with clients that have "flashy" watches. So I saved a summer of moonlighting freelance work and opted for a 2016 modern moonwatch (which I love) off ebay with gray market papers - had it regulated and pressure tested by local jeweler. I have swam in fresh water (as a point of pride - i had to prove it to myself) I've hiked with it. I even ran the Boston marathon with it on (in the rain!).

But my lust for vintage kept me looking. My modern speedy has nearly microscopic subdial ridges- impossible to see with the naked eye. I wanted some vintage flair. Also, I was lusting over the SpeedyTuesday [1st]. I ended up falling in love and picked up a beautiful vintage Wakmann lemania 1873, for relatively cheap, that had so many aspects that scratched the itch. But alas I still wanted something like a 66-CB (just based on my preference of aesthetics - not rarity sake).

Long story short I recently picked up a 145.022-69(70) Serial# 29426xxx off ebay for a very reasonable price.
    What I can identify is beautiful dial. hands, case, caseback - but potentially service pushers and crown and incorrect bezel. But the watch runs great and is so beautiful. Sometimes in bright sunlight it even looks chocolatey - but in other light almost bluey.
    Question: What bezel would be correct for this? And if its the dreaded DON - I'll have to wait 5 years for the market to get flooded with perfect replicas...jk
    Is this chocolate-sometimes, gray/blue-sometimes something you have seen before - is it even possible within this serial range? And lastly, I noticed that the polished outer "twists" of the lug seem much smaller than my modern speedy - but they don't look over polished either - what this thinner twist ever a thing?

Either way I love all my watches!
    Thanks for all the help!

s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg
    Edited Mar 19, 2019
    asrnj77 and superfly like this.