Forums Latest Members

NEW MEMBER NEW WATCH, NEEDS HELP

1. feras Sep 28, 2011

I have a placed an order from amazon and purchased an omega sea-master quartz 22218000(but still didn't receive it). I prefer automatic watches but i couldn't get myself to pay for the 2220.8000 so i chose the less expensive one, but i got a bit upset when i realised that the 2221.8000 wasnt worn by daniel craig, and it was worn by pirece brosnan. Anyhow, can you help learn about my watch? any information about this model or about the brand itself would be usefull. Moreover, do you know if Amazon is a trusted seller of omegas (even though its not an AD)? and did i make a good choice (keeping in mind that i dont care about the co xial movement, neither the warranty, i just need a luxury and stylish premium brand watch that i can wear all week, and not getting very concerned about getting it scratched, in such case of buying an expensive rolex submariner).

2. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 28, 2011

• Quartz watches tend to be less desirable, have poor resale value, but are a cheap way to get in the game.
    • I don't think Amazon sells Omega products. Sellers use the Amazon store platform to sell their products. Which seller did you buy from?
    • Buying a Quartz Omega from a random Amazon seller (without checking their seller ratings) probably wasn't a good decision.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

3. feras Sep 28, 2011

fshion guru

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 28, 2011

If you can't form coherent sentences, we're going to remove your account.

5. ulackfocus Sep 28, 2011

:p I think he's saying that the seller was "fshion guru". Either that, or he's calling you a fashion guru.

Hey feras - what's wrong with Pierce Brosnan? The Thomas Crown Affair remake was a pretty good movie.

6. SynMike Sep 28, 2011

I have a friend who bought the automatic version, but found it a bit big for his liking (41mm, right?). He took it back and bought a slightly smaller version, I think about 37mm. The only smaller one the dealer had in stock was a quartz but my friend didn't care about the difference of movement.

7. feras Sep 28, 2011

Nothing wrong with my English, the seller's name is FSHIONGURU, you can check their website too www.fshioguru.com, people say that its legit, i am taking the watch to an authorized dealer to confirm this. Thats if the returning cost of the watch is high and i had to keep it.

8. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 29, 2011

Well, all you mentioned was "fshion guru". That didn't make any sense, and sounds more like a typo than anything else.

Your link to the store doesn't work, but I did track them down. Doesn't sound like they're a very reputable business.

9. feras Sep 29, 2011

Sorry http://www.fshionguru.com/index.php,
    yes and that's the reason i wanted to return it, but i am waiting for them to inform me about the returning charges. I really hope its not expensive, otherwise i will have to check it at an authorized dealer and just keep it

10. Steve Oct 1, 2011

Looking on the fshionguru site I see they're using paste and copy pics and descriptions, thats when there's a pic to look at, most are 'no image available'. You just wouldn't buy off these people.
    There is nothing wrong with the Seamaster 300 M Quartz. Visually its the same as the Seamaster 300 M Chronometer, only the description 'chronometer, Co-Axial' on the face, and the eagle eyed people out there will notice the second hand ticking not sweeping. So you shouldn't be to disappointed lets just hope you get you money back so you can purchase an Authentic piece.
    Oh and i agree... There is asolutely nothing wrong with Pirece Brosnan. He was fantastic in Mamma Mia !!. :D

mamma mia.jpg

11. feras Oct 12, 2011

ts just that the seller has a very modest website, that made me suspect their legitimacy. Visit their website and you will know what i mean www.fshionguru.com.

The watch is stuck in the US customs. they really know how to give us a hard time sending something from the middle east : they required the value of each part of the watch : bracelet, dial, case, battery :(
    and after providing them with this, they require the sellers license number [​IMG] though the seller is just an e-trader and he has no license, its done through amazon and its just a returned item.
    I really gave up, if they didn't consider this and refuse to accept it, then they will return it to Bahrain and i will be taking it to our Omega dealer to get it inspected for authenticity and just keep it. Because, frankly speaking i hated dealing with american customs and would never consider buy anything from the states except for the inexpensive products [​IMG]

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 12, 2011

You really need to in the future just go through a proper AD or trustworthy private seller instead of these online sites mate. Sorry to hear about the mess.

13. feras Oct 12, 2011

I was looking for a luxury watch yet affordable so i can wear as a daily beater, and then save big for my first Rolex sub c. But the AD in my country has the automatic version only (2220.8000) and it cost 800$ more. So, i thought of spending less by just getting the quartz one. I really thought that its amazon who sells em directly and not a 3rd party.
    But hopefully the omega AD here confirms the authenticity so i can just wear and enjoy it :)
    and thnx alot dsio

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 12, 2011

The $800 more may seem like a lot but the auto can be resold easily, the Quartz resale is terrible. You're probably better off getting the auto long term, but if you've got the quartz now, and you're happy with it, definitely enjoy it, and post some pics.

15. feras Oct 12, 2011

To be honest I wanted The submariner to be my first auto. I am still waiting for the us customs to inform me wither they will proceed or will reject and return my package. Thanx alot Ashley :)