Forums Latest Members

New member...New Omega Owner Too ;)

1. Chris D Aug 18, 2011

hi people, just joined as I came across this forum on google and it seemed cool. I have recently bought a omega seamaster full size in blue. I bought this from eBay it's a 2009 model. The listing was for a mid size seamaster but when it arrived it turned out to be a full sized one!! I have skinny wrists but when I put it on it looked pretty good and now I prefer it to the mid size. I did check the watch against the warranty card and the numbers match the watch, I then went to Ernest jones to get the links adjusted and they confirmed it was legit. It is in almost immaculate condition with tiny scuffs on the clasp which is normal. I'm very happy with it and it feels great wearing it!

I couldn't justify spending £1420 on a brand new one so went second hand.

A few years ago I bought the same model but the mid size version from eBay and had it for a year and a half, I then sold it actually making £20 so they hold their value very well!!

Anyway just thought I would share my news, thanks...

2. Steve Aug 18, 2011

Hi Chris,
    Sounds like you came off with a better deal. The mid size is 36mm compared to 41mm for the full size, which is more sort after than the mid size.
    I can agree with you about holding their value, I owned a second hand seamaster blue dial which i wore every day for work. The thing got scratched and battered and I still sold it for the same price I bought it for a year later !.
    But if one came along at the right price I wouldn't hesitate in buying another one again, such is the appeal. Enjoy !!
    omega seamaster.jpg

3. Chris D Aug 18, 2011

Thanks mate, I will be wearing mine each day, don't want it tucked away I want to enjoy it, it was my dad that got me into watches, he had a mid size seamaster but now has a IWC gst?? Something like that, it's a dark colored titanium watch with the date at the 6 o'clock position. Very nice and light... More expensive that mine;).

4. Steve Aug 18, 2011

Sounds like a great watch, be nice if you could post some pics for all to see.:thumbsup:

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 18, 2011

I think where it probably comes from is the fact that in recent years with the Planet Ocean 45.5mm being the new "full size", the 42mm Planet Ocean has probably become the "mid-size" which is a bit strange because Omega refer to the 42mm as full size and the 45.5mm as "XL" or extra-large. Before Panerai's and Audemars Piguet ROO's started making hockey pucks seem full size a 41-42mm was considered as big as a normal person could wear.

I know the IWC Ingenieur Power-Reserve among others have date at 6 and come in Ti, that might be your dad's model, its a cool piece.

6. Steve Aug 19, 2011

I know what you're saying ashley, I've owned both , the blue seamaster professional, and the PO seamaster and considering they were both classed as full size in there model bracket, the PO is twice the watch, in size and in weight !.

7. Chris D Aug 19, 2011

[​IMG]

8. Chris D Aug 19, 2011

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a few pics :) in very good nic for a almost 2 yr old bought watch

9. Steve Aug 19, 2011

Very nice Chris thats the Seamaster 300 M Quartz model 2221.80.00.
    A very nice watch, keeps excellent time, Good purchase. :thumbsup:

10. Chris D Aug 19, 2011

Cheers mate, don't suppose anyone knows the exact weight of it? Had a look on the omega site and they don't state the weight, couldn't find it anywhere online infact, that was going to be one of my checks to see if it was authentic, I'm happy it is now but just curious....

11. Steve Aug 19, 2011

Not sure what the weight should be, but dont worry your watch defiantely looks real, does your warrantly card number match the serial number on the bottom right lug ? and the bracelet 1503-825 is correct. The Hippocampus (seahorse) on the back is excellently detailed, and the Omega world sign is lazer etched on, also the depth of the screw lugs are correct, fakes tend to be shallow. The dail is perfect. you got yourself a great watch which will last a life time. :thumbsup:

12. Polemic Sep 5, 2011

Congrats, enjoy it. :)

13. evozine Sep 10, 2011

Let's see it on your wrist, I am in between the reduced size and full size watches myself...