Forums Latest Members
  1. triple5south Jan 11, 2015

Hello everyone. I must say I've read through some threads and was delighted to see how complimentary and helpful everyone was. I'll keep it short and sweet and look forward to contributing myself.

I have a relatively small collection currently but am looking to grow it. I have a couple Citizens, currently wearing a Zenith Blue Primero, have my eye on a Speedmaster (I have no clue which and have so much research to do) and was recently gifted a Patek for my wedding. It was my grandfathers, he gave it to my father who gave it to me. I actually have no clue what it is and would gladly appreciate any help to identify it.

I will post pictures in the morning as the wife is currently sleeping and it's getting decently late.

Thanks all.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 11, 2015

Best time to conduct all watch purchasing (while the wife is sleeping)

Welcome aboard and we love photo,s of all brands

3. repoman Jan 11, 2015

Come on in and join the party! Welcome!

4. puddlep1rate Jan 12, 2015

Welcome!

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 12, 2015

Welcome. You'll find plenty of Speedmaster information (and encouragement) here.

Enjoy the ride!;)

6. flw history nerd Jan 12, 2015

Welcome! I'm from the big mitten myself. I know what you mean about wanting to grow your collection ... I bought a Seamaster Pro Diver a few months back, then a Prometheus Manta Ray, and now I have my eye on a Rolex Submariner. Oh well ... I think it was Oscar Wilde who said that the only way to deal with temptation is to yield to it ... Have fun and let's see the Patek when you get a chance!

7. jud Jan 12, 2015

+1 on pictures.

8. Hijak Jan 12, 2015

Welcome! Yes pictures, especially that El Primero.:thumbsup:

9. triple5south Jan 12, 2015

Ask and ye shall receive. Well I promised them initially so... ;)

I am looking to identify this Patek. I think it's from the 60's/70's but that's just a guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    STANDY likes this.
  10. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2015

The state of Michigan is now a member? How is that possible? ::confused2:: ( :p )

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Not as strange as it first seems, very few people left there.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 12, 2015

Welcome - we have a few other "Petoskey stones" here already. I am not far from the state actually...90 minutes by car and I'd be in good old Port Huron.

Has the PP been serviced recently? If not, you should get it done.

Cheers, Al

13. triple5south Jan 12, 2015

No, the PP hasn't been serviced recently (to my knowledge). I really wanted to find out as much as I could about it first if possible. I wouldn't even know where to take it to be honest. I'm not sure if there's someone local that could handle it. I'm in Kalamazoo. Maybe someone over in the Detroit area could.

Petoskey stones ha. My wedding band is engraved with a petoskey stone pattern.

14. DocHolliday Jan 12, 2015

Welcome! I'm getting married in Grand Rapids this September. GO GREEN!

15. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2015

The only way to identify that Patek is to see the innards - caliber and case back.

16. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 12, 2015

Welcome aboard triple555south. Great palce to learn. Great people to learn from. Hope you enjoy sarcasm, this can be a tough crowd. :)

17. triple5south Jan 12, 2015

There is nothing on the back at all, except for the initials of my grandfather, father and myself. So it sounds like it needs to be opened up. I'm guessing this is better left to a professional.

In the interest of being thorough. Here is a picture of the back.

image.jpg
  18. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2015

Actually, I meant the inside of the case back - but you probably should have a watchmaker do that.

19. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Jan 12, 2015

I fled in '83.