New member looking at buying a Vintage 60s Omega seamaster cosmic

This Cosmic was one of my first also. It has since moved on. Kind of miss it now that I see it again.
820368-a735b375ceb117e3856a817eb24f9360.jpg

That matte finish (w/ no date) looks soooo good.

What would be a good first luxury watch preferably an Omega in the 500-1000 dollar price range that I can be rest assured that it's legit original? Or there isn't one in this price range and i gotta put up another 1000 dollars.

Plenty of Quartz references can still be had in good shape from the last 20 years for that money for sure!

The logo looks kinda dubious. Well if the movement is good condition, and you are fine with living with it, Get it and wear it in health

Cosmic was the first vintage Omega I bought over 20 years ago.

Still have it.

first cosmic.jpg
My brother's father-in-law has that same watch that was given to him by his parent's when he graduated from university. His family had limited resources, so it was a big deal at the time. He has worn it every day since except when it is in for service. He is in his 70's now. Unlike most of us, one watch was enough for him.

Hello. I'm very new to the forum and wanting to get my first luxury watch. What do you guys think about this watch. No pics of the back cover off and movement video. No papers. Just a box. He supposedly bought it this way. Said it had been surviced prior to him buying it. Any help is much appreciated for this new watch collector. Thanks

Welcome to the rabbit hole. There are a variety of Omega watches bearing the name 'Cosmic'. The one you've posted looks like the Ref 166.022. They are good value and an excellent first choice - I have one that houses the 565 calibre movement which is a reliable and high quality automatic movement. Its not a surprise the vendor wasn't able to supply a movement pic, as these watches have a 'monocoque' case - which means it doesn't have the usual screwed caseback. The movement is accessed via a special tool which has to be accessed by removing the dial I believe. So if you do decide to go for one of these, you will want some proof of service history.

Found another one guys. Not sure if I should have made a brand new post for this one so i will just add it here for now. What u think this one is worth offering and does it look pretty legit to you guys? Thanks guys. I'm having too much fun researching watches. Just as u guys said gotta be patient. Lol

Not the best pics to asses the watch by - dial looks pretty aged though. Dial condition is the key element for many collectors, and will have major factor on value. Not familiar with this model of Seamaster but other members may be able to help!

CB16B0B7-5F60-4D91-8434-7C06E11596F9.jpeg Not the reference you are looking for but this is for sale locally near me for less than the prices you have mentioned. If you look around I think you can do pretty well with cosmics.

@Walrus point me in the direction or a link to that sale thread. I would be very interested in that cosmic for sure depending on price and shipping costs. Do you know if the person is a legit seller? Or just random u have seen on one of the marketplaces you are part of.
Thanks for the quick replies.

@Walrus point me in the direction or a link to that sale thread. I would be very interested in that cosmic for sure depending on price and shipping costs. Do you know if the person is a legit seller? Or just random u have seen on one of the marketplaces you are part of.
Thanks for the quick replies.
Ya sorry it’s actually a friend of mine. I might see him next week he doesn’t have it online or anything. I was actually going to but it myself but I used my cash picking up something else then he showed me that. We were going to go the crypto route but I chickened out due to the current pump. Plus I screwed up my last attempted crypto purchase