Forums Latest Members

New member introduction from Toronto, Canada

1. Peter Toronti Sep 15, 2019

I’d like to share with you how my interest in Omega began. Years ago when the Apple Watch was introduced, I contemplated buying it. Then I thought to myself, why would I buy a product that becomes obsolete in a few years? It just didn’t and still doesn’t make sense to me. I spent about a year looking at all sorts of current watches. I finally made my decision as to which watch I wanted soon after my mother passed away. She had always encouraged me to do something for myself instead of always focussing on others around me. She felt that it was important to have a balance in life. So with that in mind, I bought a Rolex SD43. It’s a great watch, and ticks a lot of boxes for me. I’m very pleased with the purchase.

Then, I saw a post that my nephew had put up on Instagram a while back. He finally decided to put on my older brother’s watch after he had passed away. When I saw that photo, I remembered all of the times that I would admire that watch, especially when my brother put it back in the original presentation box. It was a 1970 Omega Constellation. I was 12 years old back the. A few months later I found that same model of watch in excellent condition online. As soon as I started wearing it regularly, all sorts of memories came flowing back from the 1970s. It remains one of my favourite decades because of the music, the movies, the muscle cars, and the watches. The watches in particular have such a unique character to them. Since that purchase, I also purchased what in my opinion is the most iconic watch of that decade, the Omega Speedmaster Mark II.

Although I’m looking at all sorts of watches these days just out of appreciation and not so much to purchase, vintage Omega watches always capture my interest the most. They have such varied character and uniqueness.

I’ve been reading a lot of posts on this forum over the last few months, and I find that the discussion is intelligent, and very technically informative. I’ve learned a great deal. It’s not like other forms that I belong to that too often only tout a member’s newest difficult to find watch that they’ve acquired. Thank you for adding to my understanding of watches. I hope that I can help others down the road and contribute as well when my knowledge base grows, but given the membership here, that may take decades. I’m looking forward to it though.

Peter

62A64077-A435-4E7D-8E5B-409808F56D99.jpeg DB4C324E-41B4-4904-8F0A-218E9A181E48.jpeg
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 15, 2019

Welcome!! Love that face on the Constellation.

3. Toishome Sep 15, 2019

Welcome to the Forum from another member in the GTA and thanks for sharing:thumbsup: Own the first one and actively looking for the second one :D