Forums Latest Members

New member introducing himself

1. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

I would like to introduce myself my name is Martin I am 50 something year old, and I am a watch collector. I am an Englishman living and working in the Balkans. I have been collecting watches about 6 years, I particularly like vintage watches and vintage Omega watches. I have several Omega's as well as other brands. I am active on some of the other watch forums, I use the same name and avatar.
    I posted on the Great Big Introduction thread, but have not recieved any replies, I am guessing I posted in the wrong place. I have had a good look around and read a lot of the stickies, but if I am missing something please point me in the right direction.

I have not joined the forum to sell watches, I did join because it seems a great forum, I hope to learn more about Omega watches and hopefully i may be able to contribute.

Thanks for having me!

I suppose it is good manners to post a few pictures, I hope you like them as much as I do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheers Martin

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2016

Great collection of non traditional looking watches! I'd gladly have all of them in my collection.

I've never seen that Omega quartz before but I'm in love with that early quartz. The Zenith is amazing, and I NEED that Seiko with the rectangular case! What is the model number?

Matty01, axiale and martinzx like this.
  3. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

Thanks so much! The early Omega quartz model is known as a 'Mariner' mk1, the Seiko model uses the 5626 cal they used in the King Seiko but was upgraded for the 'export executive line' for the US in the early 1970's, I was thrilled to find this example with the original bracelet.

Cheers Martin

ahartfie and Foo2rama like this.
  4. dx009 Sep 20, 2016

That Zenith... Is the crown worn out or is that the original design/style of it ? Rounded.

martinzx likes this.
  5. Sanmilc Sep 20, 2016

I always liked that Mariner.... nice watches.... what is the reference of that Seiko? Regards.

martinzx likes this.
  6. 63TR4 Sep 20, 2016

Welcome to the forums, especially to a fellow vintage Seiko wearer! Great avatar pic as well

martinzx likes this.
  7. Finrod Felagund Sep 20, 2016

Hi Martin,

Welcome on OF!

I love your Zenith, dial is stunning!
    Dib's :D

martinzx likes this.
  8. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

I am not sure as it was like this when I bought it :)

Cheers Martin

9. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

Thank - you , the reference of the Seiko is 5626-5020
    Cheers Martin :)

Sanmilc likes this.
  10. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

Thanks so much ref the Vintage Seiko's, Half Life 2 !
    Cheers Martin

11. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

Thanks for the welcome, ref the Zenith I am glad you like the dial, I agree it is interesting, ref Dibs :) I am sorry I rarely sell my watches.

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2016

Wait... 8 Letters in your name, subtract 2 divide by 2 and you get 3. HL III confirmed!!!!

13. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

I was not being cryptic the op commented on my Avatar, and my reply was just confirming it comes from the video game, Half Life 2

14. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 20, 2016

Welcome Martin, in the words of Troy Maclure, you may know me from such forums as TheWatchForum amongst others. I know you are a man of taste and discernment when it comes to Omegas so you will likely fit in. If you can understand the Americanisms on here that is!

martinzx likes this.
  15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 20, 2016

It's a standing joke in the gaming community to take random data tertiary to HL and make a comment that the 3rd edition of the game has been confirmed. Since Valve says they are doing it but that was 10 years ago.

martinzx likes this.
  16. dx009 Sep 20, 2016

[​IMG]

17. Omega1 Sep 20, 2016

Hi and welcome to the house of fun ... oh by the way great watches .. love the omega quartz

martinzx likes this.
  18. martinzx Sep 20, 2016

Thanks Padders for the welcome, yes indeed I do certainly know you from TWF, it is great to meet you here. Likewise regarding your stella Omega collection and knowledge.

Cheers Martin [emoji1]

padders likes this.
  19. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 20, 2016

That is very kind of you to say so but while I flatter myself that I have a few nice pieces and certainly do my research, on here every man and his dog seems to have an Ed White Speedy and mil-SM300 tucked in their sock draw! Seriously though this is a top place for Omega info and the general atmosphere is much more like TWF i.e. friendly rather than the sour back-biting nonsense you can get on the dark side occasionally.

Edited Sep 20, 2016
    martinzx likes this.
  20. Dramos64 Sep 20, 2016

Welcome Martinzx. Very nice collection. I'm also a new member and about your age and live near the Miami, Florida area. I just started collecting Omega watches. I'm currently trying to find out about my first watch, which is an Omega Constellation with a 1330 movement. Cheers and welcome. image.jpg

martinzx likes this.