Forums Latest Members
  1. fox Jun 29, 2015

hello all!

Brand new here and trying to identify my fathers old watch. I know nothing about it and he passed. There's no papers or anything I can find about it. I know he had it serviced a few times when I was young but that's all I know.

I've looked online a little bit can't cannot find anything with the same face. I have no idea how to take the back off to view the movement. The watch has a lot of wear so the back plate has started to wear through which is unfortunate.

It's hard to make out but it says "Swiss made" near the 6 hour

I appreciate any help! Thank you all -Justin

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Jul 1, 2015

Sorry about your father's passing.
    That is one well used watch with an Interesting dial. The fact that you can read Swiss made is positive. Follow in your fathers footsteps and have it serviced by a watchmaker. You will need a watchmaker to open it to look at the movement as it is a front loading watch. They may be able to fill in the case but make sure they take photos of the inside of the case first as the case numbers inscribed will tell you more information about the watch and if they fill in the case that information could be gone forever.

3. fox Jul 1, 2015

Thank you for the response. I'll look for a watchmaker near me to hopefully restore it - pending it's the proper movement. I know he was in London when he was young and I believe he got it over there. He wore it for over 30 years until the case finally gave in. This is the only watch of his I cannot find anything for. I hope it's not fake but even if it is, It will be fun to find out its history. Thanks!

Giff2577 likes this.
  4. fox Jul 2, 2015

Removed the band today. Under the 6 hour, it says '14k gold filled' the stamp is pretty easy to make out still. Hoping I can find someone local to service still. The person I was recommended to retired and there's nothing but big corporate diamond stores locally now.

Giff2577 likes this.