Forums Latest Members

New member from Sweden, a beginner!

1. Skålis Feb 9, 2019

IMG_1511.JPG Thanks for adding me to this forum. i was clearing my garage and found a box with a old watch. I was going to throw it away. But I remember my father had the watch many years ago. I google and now I have to learn more about the history of the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Thanks from Sweden.

Tab, Toishome, ankanpankan and 3 others like this.
  2. hanky6 Feb 9, 2019

Välkommen
    Thats a nice one, good of you to look inside the box before throwing it away.
    Was it the original Omega box?

Skålis likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 9, 2019

Nice find. Your going to get a shock when you find out what it is worth. That bezel is worth a fair bit of money.

Make sure you do a lot of research before you get it serviced.

Skålis likes this.
  4. Skålis Feb 9, 2019

Sorry the box was not a Omega box.
    Next week i will go and visit the watch-store i think my father bought the watch, maybe i get some story from there.

5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 9, 2019

Welcome!

Lucky you did not throw it away ... imagine that :eek:

That looks like it could be a beautiful unpolished 145.012...one of the references that made it to the moon ... a desirable and lovely piece. It may be a transitional 145.022 as well (also a top piece). Be prepared to fall in love when you learn more about it.

Whatever you do when you visit the watch store, don’t accept any offers should someone there do that, speak to us first to help you out. We have read on numerous occasions that folk such as yourself walk into a watch store and they are offered a ridiculously low amount.

How do you know where your father bought this from?

Edited Feb 9, 2019
  6. mr_yossarian Feb 9, 2019

uhm...the bezel on it ( the black ring with numerals) is really old ( from a earlier version of your watch ), really rare and really expensive..like 10.000 Euro expensive, so keep an eye on it. Don't let a watchmaker swap it "accidentally" and don't damage it.

Toishome, eugeneandresson and JanV like this.
  7. Skålis Feb 9, 2019

First, i apologize for my bad english! I try with the "Google translate"
    My father was no astronaut but he was very much interested in orientering. (You know, running in the Woods).
    My father had a friend who had a "watch-shop" (the friends father opened the shop 1932!)
    I think he bought the Omega in his friends shop.
    The shop is still open and the friends son runs the business now.
    I hope and believe that friend is still alive and i get more information about the Omega.
    It is soooooo exciting!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  8. Skålis Feb 9, 2019

My fathers friend had a shop and i think he bought it there. I think the friend still alive.

9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 9, 2019

Very interesting :) Be sure to thank him for the Base1000 bezel...

mblease and Skålis like this.
  10. flqt-9000 Feb 9, 2019

What a great find! Wellcome!

11. Skålis Feb 9, 2019

Thanks!

12. DotOverNine Feb 16, 2019

Grats to a nice find! Have you been to the store yet? Will be interesting to hear more...

question to the experienced members: heard of a BASE 1000 bezel replacing a newer one before?

13. GMTspeedmaster Feb 16, 2019

It's a beautiful watch. Take really good care of it

14. Skålis Feb 17, 2019

Hi, yes I have been to the watchmaker whom I thought has sold the watch to my father. The watchmaker started in 1932 and sold / serviced Omega watches already then! The second generation watchmaker is still active in the company that is now run by the third generation. The watchmaker (no. 2) showed me the book with spare parts for Omegan and quite rightly it has noted my father's name at a spare part. The spare part is one of the buttons on the watch. Normally, the watchmaker usually writes (in the clock) the date and signature when he does something with the watch, but he had not done that at this time. The watchmaker is an "Omega service center" where the watchmaker has the highest rating and is known all over the world. They opened the clock and we saw a mark "8/86 and a signature". The signature they did not know why it is a mystery at the moment.
    One funny detail is that the watch's serial number is in the range of the manufactured "Ultraman" watches. However, the watch does not have the orange pointer but it does not have the right bezel either. Something must have happened at the service 8/86 or earlier.
    The clock is a 145.012 -67SP with 321, # 26.076.5xx.
    I have ordered an "Extract of the Archives" from Omega so I can find out how it should look from the factory. The chance that it is an "Ultraman" is incredibly small but a little fun that it "can be". Apparently, it takes a few weeks before you get the answer from Omega, so a little exciting.

15. mr_yossarian Feb 17, 2019

You won't get to know if this was an Ultraman by ordering an extract since there is no info in the Archives about orange hands. The only way would be to send it to Bienne for evaluation with the orange hand still on the Watch. Too many "perhapses" like you mention in your sales pitch for this watch on Chrono24

16. Skålis Feb 17, 2019

[​IMG]OK, I thought it was on Extract of the Archives because I saw it on other pictures on the internet. See borrowed image from "Speedmaster101". I am very careful not to claim that it is an "Ultraman" but an opportunity until it is definitely known.

17. mr_yossarian Feb 17, 2019

It would be IF some criterias are met, the correct orange hand in first place and Omega would want to see the watch in the flesh.
    well...but I have also seen one Ultraman offerd by a Dealer with Ultraman-Extract, despite a clearly wrong orange hand fitted to the watch..we can only make a malicious guess how this extract came to life, that is not the way it usually works for a real Ultraman.

Bbturbo and about3blank like this.