Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Hello,
    i just registered on the forum and posted a thread about identifiying a watch for a good friend of mine.
    I just recently got seriously interested in watches and want to start looking for vintage Omega watches. I liked the Omega watches already for quite a while now but was never too involved as I cannot affort to pay the prices for a new model.
    I hope that i will find something interesting that would suit me.

So far i was browsing the forum and am amazed by all the knowledge here and also the quite respectful behavior of members.

Best,
    Sascha

Jwit and neilfrancis like this.
  2. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 28, 2017

Welcome. I cant wait to see some of the future finds that you will share with us.

WatchentuseCZ likes this.
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 28, 2017

Welcome, Sascha,

There are some very nice vintage watches that come out of the Czech Republic, so be sure to share any that you are able to find.

Regards,

Tony C.

4. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Hi Tony,
    would you have any particular recommendations about Czech vintage watch brands?
    Best, Sascha.

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 28, 2017

There were, among many others, some very nice Eterna and IWC imported into your country during the 1930s – 40s. Keep your eyes open for some of the larger models, including military.

Jwit and neilfrancis like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 28, 2017

Welcome.. My maternal grandparents were Czech and I have cousins in your fair city who I try to visit as often as I can. Good hunting!

7. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Thanks. As a matter of fact I am not a Czech native. I am from Germany but i live in the Czech Republic or Czechia as it is called now for almost 10 years.

8. ConElPueblo Mar 28, 2017

Rough crowd in your parts, eh? :D

Welcome!

9. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Thanks. But frankly this is the first watch forum i signed up for ever. I was more talking about the attitude in forums in general these days. :D

Larry S, ConElPueblo and Jwit like this.
  10. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Mar 28, 2017

Hey we have all been pretty nice lately. With the exception of @efauser He picked up the slack